Barren universe glitch

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Barren universe glitch

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

I have a glitch in spore ga where whenever I play civilization stage it crashes and there is no flora at all on any planet making it seem very barren and makes herbivore playthroughs impossible.

ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Barren universe glitch

ThatDemonDavid wrote:I have a glitch in spore ga where whenever I play civilization stage it crashes and there is no flora at all on any planet making it seem very barren and makes herbivore playthroughs impossible.
Found a fix a while ago forgot to post it for people with the same problem. Uninstall everything spore related and reinstall it in this order:
1.) Install Spore
2.) Install Spore GA
3.) Run Spore GA and then close it
4.) Install Creepy and cute
5.) Install Patch 1.5.1
6.)Run Spore GA and then close it
7.)Install patch 1.6
8.)Run Spore GA and then close it
9.)When installing larger or older mods run Spore GA before installing more mods.
Works for me hope this helped! :)
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

ThatDemonDavid wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote:I have a glitch in spore ga where whenever I play civilization stage it crashes and there is no flora at all on any planet making it seem very barren and makes herbivore playthroughs impossible.
Found a fix a while ago forgot to post it for people with the same problem. Uninstall everything spore related and reinstall it in this order:
1.) Install Spore
2.) Install Spore GA
5.) Install Patch 1.5.1
7.)Install patch 1.6
9.)When installing larger or older mods run Spore GA before installing more mods.
Don't tell people to reinstall in the wrong order. Installing Patch 1.6 AFTER Spore GA will break the game, as far as I know.

Here is what you really should do:

1. Install Spore
2. Run Spore once
3. Install Creepy and Cute
4. Install Spore GA
5. Install patch 5.1
6. Run Spore GA once
7. Install Bot Parts
8. Run Spore GA once to see if it works.
9. Profit?
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote:
1.) Install Spore
2.) Install Spore GA
5.) Install Patch 1.5.1
7.)Install patch 1.6
Don't tell people to reinstall in the wrong order. Installing Patch 1.6 AFTER Spore GA will break the game, as far as I know.

1. Install Spore
2. Run Spore once
4. Install Spore GA
5. Install patch 5.1
6. Run Spore GA once
7. Install Bot Parts
9. Profit?
a) Installing 1.6 after GA works, installing 1.6 before GA does not
b) Why did you say installing 1.6 after GA breaks stuff, then immediately instruct them to install 1.6 after GA?
c) Never install 1.6

...tbh I'm about ready to ask you to stop providing incorrect advice, as I just logged on to see what I'd missed today, and first you're telling people mods work fine on Steam and Origin, which they don't, and now this?? What?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote: Found a fix a while ago forgot to post it for people with the same problem. Uninstall everything spore related and reinstall it in this order:
1.) Install Spore
2.) Install Spore GA
5.) Install Patch 1.5.1
7.)Install patch 1.6

1. Install Spore
2. Run Spore once
4. Install Spore GA
5. Install patch 5.1
6. Run Spore GA once
7. Install Bot Parts
9. Profit?
b) Why did you say installing 1.6 after GA breaks stuff, then immediately instruct them to install 1.6 after GA?
c) Never install 1.6

...tbh I'm about ready to ask you to stop providing incorrect advice, as I just logged on to see what I'd missed today, and first you're telling people mods work fine on Steam and Origin, which they don't, and now this?? What?
I have my game installed in that order game works fine :P
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote: Found a fix a while ago forgot to post it for people with the same problem. Uninstall everything spore related and reinstall it in this order:
1.) Install Spore
2.) Install Spore GA
5.) Install Patch 1.5.1
7.)Install patch 1.6

1. Install Spore
2. Run Spore once
4. Install Spore GA
5. Install patch 5.1
6. Run Spore GA once
7. Install Bot Parts
9. Profit?
c) Never install 1.6

What I really meant, is that neither Spore nor Origin work better with mods since patch 1.7, also, the whole patch 1.6 thing was just a typo on my part.

My apologies.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:

1. Install Spore
2. Run Spore once
4. Install Spore GA
5. Install patch 5.1
6. Run Spore GA once
7. Install Bot Parts
9. Profit?
c) Never install 1.6

What I really meant, is that neither Spore nor Origin work better with mods since patch 1.7, also, the whole patch 1.6 thing was just a typo on my part.

My apologies.
No problem. Btw, thanks for being a helpful member of the spore modding community really appreciate it. Helping people and all that :)
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

ThatDemonDavid wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: a) Installing 1.6 after GA works, installing 1.6 before GA does not
c) Never install 1.6

My apologies.
No problem. Btw, thanks for being a helpful member of the spore modding community really appreciate it. Helping people and all that :)
You're welcome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”