GA crashes on start

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
cla255
Cell
Cell

GA crashes on start

Unread post by cla255 »

Whenever i try to start GA, it instantly crashes and comes up with "Spore: Galactic Adventures has stopped working". I think the issue is a missing .package file for the game. I have tried reinstalling the game twice but it didn't work either time. Also I use a Windows 10 PC on origin for spore.
:?:

I'm just here to ask, answer, and mod. :di:
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Re: GA crashes on start

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Go to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming, and delete the Spore folder, it contains all your evolution data, so make sure to back that up if needed. Once deleted. Reinstall Spore again in this order: Spore > Spore Creepy and Cute (if you have it) > Spore Galactic Adventures > Patch 5.1 > Bot Parts Expansion Pack (if you have it)

On what platform do you have Spore installed, if you have it installed on disc, I heavily advise you to redeem your CD code in Steam or Origin, and then install Spore there.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

Thanks, I will see if this works, and i use origin for spore because i like to mod it. i moved all my mods into another folder so i can find them easily for when i do this.
cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

I don't think it worked. I still get the same message when I start GA. I might have done it wrong though. I don't know.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

I'm sorry, but again, backup your spore folder and delete it, and then reinstall Spore again in the aforementioned order. Do not install any mods after that! If it still crashes.... I'm clueless.

All mods must go to the Data folder for Spore Galactic Adventures. Not the entire .zip files, but the .package files inside, if there are .txt files, read them, as they might be tutorials. If your download is just a .package file, just place it into the Data folder for Spore GA.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

Well. Didn't work, so I guess that I can't play anymore GA. That's okay though, even though it was one of my favourite games, I have a million other games to play.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

When you reinstalled, did you Launch Core Spore once before installing any patches, DLCs, or mods?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:When you reinstalled, did you Launch Core Spore once before installing any patches, DLCs, or mods?
Heh, I never do that when installing Spore, yet Spore runs just fine. Just a small detail.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:When you reinstalled, did you Launch Core Spore once before installing any patches, DLCs, or mods?
Heh, I never do that when installing Spore, yet Spore runs just fine. Just a small detail.
Yeah, some need to, most don't...it's weird, but sometimes weird solutions work.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

Oh, I can't start core spore at all no idea why, and GA worked just fine when i had to reinstall it without starting Core Spore before it didn't work.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Again, delete the Spore folder in %Appdata%/Roaming, whitelist it in any antivirus software. And then reinstall the game.

cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

yeah, ive did that already, actually 3 times, it doesnt work.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

cla255 wrote:yeah, ive did that already, actually 3 times, it doesnt work.
Try moving your registration keys over to another platform. IE: Origin.

Fully wipe your Spore folder too.

cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

I had tried wiping my spore folder after i had done what you said. I had moved my 3 spore games over to origin from steam previously to mod spore, and i don't want to go through the crap i had to go through just to move them back to origin after trying them on steam and them still not working.
cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

Okay this isn't working. I'm gonna try to contact EA, and if they can't fix it, nobody can.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cla255 wrote:Okay this isn't working. I'm gonna try to contact EA, and if they can't fix it, nobody can.
Wrong - if they can't fix it, a Virtual Machine still might be able to.

cla255
Cell
Cell

Unread post by cla255 »

Its been a dang while since I've been here, and EA couldn't fix it, however my stuff all works on the steam version, mods and all.
RiskTaker
Creature
Creature

Unread post by RiskTaker »

As of recent I've had the same problem except at first there was an error message saying that it couldn't find a certain dll but i did action before i could screen shot the error message(i replaced the GA .cfg files with the core spore .cfg files)it starts up then stops responding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RiskTaker
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RiskTaker wrote:As of recent I've had the same problem except at first there was an error message saying that it couldn't find a certain dll but i did action before i could screen shot the error message(i replaced the GA .cfg files with the core spore .cfg files)it starts up then stops responding
I may know what the problem is, but I'd need to see the initial error to be sure, which I suspect would require you to revert those changes to the GA files.

RiskTaker
Creature
Creature

Unread post by RiskTaker »

:? problem is i didn't back them up. . .
RiskTaker
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”