Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Recruit

Recruit

Disgustedorite
Zodiac: Gemini

Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post #1 by Disgustedorite » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 pm

So I'm making my first mod using SporeModder. It's a simple music mod that adds a single song from Homestuck.

Unable to find any tutorials for any of the programs I used, I just edited a sample music mod, making sure to replace everything with the proper names. And it appears in-game just fine and everything...it just crashes when it tries to play the music file, which I used ealayer3 version 0.7.0 to convert to snr from an mp3.

Is there something I'm missing? Also, once it's fixed you BET I am gonna specifically make a tutorial on how to make a music mod because there is none and it makes me sad and there are probably many new modders like me with all the same problems :P

I will happily post the mod files if it helps at all.

Recruit

Recruit

Disgustedorite
Zodiac: Gemini

Re: Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post #2 by Disgustedorite » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

After scouring the internet for hours and learning an entire language I figured it out on my own. Thanks for all the help, guys. If you'll excuse me, I'm about to write a tutorial (IN ENGLISH) so that nobody ever has to go through this again.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post #3 by rob55rod » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 am

Sorry I missed this until now. Great to hear someone's working on tutorials, that's exactly what the modding scene needs. Makes me wish I wasn't so bad at teaching... :/

Return to “Help”