Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

So I'm making my first mod using SporeModder. It's a simple music mod that adds a single song from Homestuck.

Unable to find any tutorials for any of the programs I used, I just edited a sample music mod, making sure to replace everything with the proper names. And it appears in-game just fine and everything...it just crashes when it tries to play the music file, which I used ealayer3 version 0.7.0 to convert to snr from an mp3.

Is there something I'm missing? Also, once it's fixed you BET I am gonna specifically make a tutorial on how to make a music mod because there is none and it makes me sad and there are probably many new modders like me with all the same problems :P

I will happily post the mod files if it helps at all.

Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Re: Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

After scouring the internet for hours and learning an entire language I figured it out on my own. Thanks for all the help, guys. If you'll excuse me, I'm about to write a tutorial (IN ENGLISH) so that nobody ever has to go through this again.
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Need help with my first mod! (crashes)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Sorry I missed this until now. Great to hear someone's working on tutorials, that's exactly what the modding scene needs. Makes me wish I wasn't so bad at teaching... :/
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”