Game Stopped Recognizing Spore Galactic Adventures

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

Game Stopped Recognizing Spore Galactic Adventures

Unread post by Deoxys_0 »

I know what's going on, but I don't know how to fix it. The only thing I know is that, as the title states, started happening after I installed the vehicle and building fusion mod. I've tried taking the mod out, but the problem persists. Although the mod is looking suspicious, it wouldn't surprise me if something else was causing this. But the question now is how do I go about fixing it? Here are some screenshots (know that the creatures themselves are all fine (yes I divide my creatures up like that into parts so I can pose them with gates) the problem is the white and the lack of the GA expansion.

And here is my data folder to show you all the mods I have (this is with the vehicle and building fusion mod with it):

And here is my bin folder for Spore Galactic Adventures. Yes, I do run Reshade, but I've never had problems with it before so I don't think it's responsible for what's going on.

Other notes:
*I am running Windows 10.
*I am not running any illegal versions of Spore or its expansions. Everything is through Origin.
*My game is up to date. I made sure it was on the latest patch before I started to install mods.
*I have changed out my config/properety/whatever files with the shiny/better textures from the Spore Help section on the Sporum.
*I am the same user as bjpiers. I had to make a new account here because I forgot the login to my other one and the reset login system isn't working.
*If you see any files that you want me to attach for use in solving the problem, let me know and I will do so.

Also, whether or not removing all my mods fixes the problem is out of the question. The only reason I still play Spore is because of a RP I'm in with it, and this RP, or at least my spot in it, is dependent upon the mods I use. So even if removing all the mods fixed all my problems, I'd still be out of luck. I need to get this working with AT LEAST Dark Injection and the color mod. However, having all the other mods makes it easier for me to do what I do in the RP, which is pictures for RP events and such. Here are two examples (I have a lot more but this is not meant to be a showcase/show off thread) to give you an idea of why these mods are so important for me:

Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

Re: Game Stopped Recognizing Spore Galactic Adventures

Unread post by Dark-Nite-Sunset »

EDIT: I mistok you for the wrong person.

Either way.. the best help I would try to offer is... exactly what the other person had to do to make Spore recognize his GA. Which is.. reinstall. I wish I knew more on this sort of thing so I could be more of a help, but.. I don't. I hope you get this fixed, either way.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Better fix: Just download SporeMaster, replace its reg_type.txt with a blank file, then remove the "editorsPackages~" (AKA "#40404000") from SPORE_EP1_Data.package as well as any similarly-crippled mods.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Deoxys_0
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Deoxys_0 »

Well I already re-installed at this point in time but frankly I'm starting to want to blame Windows 10. I've had issues with mods before, but never to a point where I've had to re-install. Also know that my computer came with Windows 10 and reverting to an older version isn't something I want to do. However, if this happens again, I'll try what you said, rob55rob.

Also, this it a bit off topic but the Dark Injection/Darkspore part that is a mechanical eye called "Microtech Scanner" is crashing the game on the latest version of DI. I do have other mods on though so I'll do some better testing tomorrow with only DI on. If many parts are causing crashes, I'll make you a list, even if there's a chance it's only something on my end.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Deoxys_0 wrote:Well I already re-installed at this point in time but frankly I'm starting to want to blame Windows 10.
Good. That's one part of the problem.
Deoxys_0 wrote:I've had issues with mods before, but never to a point where I've had to re-install.
Well this isn't mods, it's just GA itself exploding. It occasionally does that for some users, and I have no idea why.
Deoxys_0 wrote:Also know that my computer came with Windows 10 and reverting to an older version isn't something I want to do.
Well if 7 and 8.1 aren't to your taste and you don't have keys anywaves, there's not much I can do, except maybe recommend a MicroXP VM...
Deoxys_0 wrote:However, if this happens again, I'll try what you said
k. I haven't seen it fail once so far, and I've had people use the trick many times, mainly on the Sporum. Only problem is, some mods abuse the same file to prioritize themselves above GA, so you may need to repeat the modification on those packages as well.

Deoxys_0 wrote:rob55rob
It's rob55rod, actually. Ends with a "d", not a "b" :lol:
Deoxys_0 wrote:Also, this it a bit off topic but the Dark Injection/Darkspore part that is a mechanical eye called "Microtech Scanner" is crashing the game on the latest version of DI. I do have other mods on though so I'll do some better testing tomorrow with only DI on. If many parts are causing crashes, I'll make you a list, even if there's a chance it's only something on my end.
My god, is that the same eye that has refused to stay fixed since forever...?? Anywaves, post the DI test results in the DI 9.r Bug Reports subforum.

---------------

(I apologize for any anti-Windows 10 bias shown in this post, I'm just not a fan of what Microsoft is doing and am perfectly happy on my heavily-modded Windows 8.1 setup. Also Spore and Windows 10 are like water and oil at times, so that doesn't really help either. Sorry ._. )
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”