Any way to download modded creatures?

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Jyria
Hatchling
Hatchling

Any way to download modded creatures?

Unread post by Jyria »

I was wondering if there is a way to download modded creatures into your game. I am currently buddies with a few people who use mods for there creatures for example DarkEdgeTV. But it seems like these creatures wont download on them selves. I do got all the mods installed myself aswell.
So is there any way to fix this?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Any way to download modded creatures?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Jyria wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to download modded creatures into your game.
Yeah, just drag the PNGs into the game window.
Jyria wrote:I am currently buddies with a few people who use mods for there creatures for example DarkEdgeTV.
DarkEdgeTV doesn't share to the Sporepedia anymore.
Jyria wrote:But it seems like these creatures wont download on them selves.
There are several obstacles:
a) DarkEdgeTV doesn't share to the Sporepedia anymore.
b) Even when she did still share to the Sporepedia, she didn't share her modded creations.
c) Even if she did share her modded creations, she would have to put them in an adventure, and you would have to then open that adventure (either in the editor or ingame, though you wouldn't have to save your changes or complete the adventure, just go through the "Downloading Adventure Creations" process).
Jyria wrote:I do got all the mods installed myself aswell.
Good.
Jyria wrote:So is there any way to fix this?
No, because there's nothing to fix.

tl;dr there's no way for modded creations to automatically show up in your game, but adventures created using them can, and so long as you have the required mods, the creations will be downloaded if you try to play or edit the adventure.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”