Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Recruit

Recruit

Gearaz
Zodiac: Gemini

Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Unread post #1 by Gearaz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:39 pm

I would like to preface this with: I am running on the latest version of Windows 10, I have Creepy&Cute, Galactic Adventures and Bot Parts, including patches all installed in the proper order.

As the title says, I'm looking to modify the base creature of my captain in a save game. I want to believe this is possible, I've searched through pre-existing posts looking for a possible additional, or miscellaneous mod that brings DVD's Genetic Modification to Captains.
I remade the Arclarts from Spore Creatures, and I mistakenly used a non-shareable, dev-only cell-stage spike part for the front tooth, that's literally the only thing I want to remove/replace in order to make the creature shareable. All of this isn't a big deal, but while I'm still able to sort of use Spore's online servers to have my creations be downloaded into my friend's games, I would appreciate if I can remedy this mistake I made.

I have checked this particular post, seemingly asking about the same thing: http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2375 (this thread didn't really seem concluded?)

And Sporedum's archives: http://www.davoonline.com/download/
And I have downloaded 4 of the nearest possible matches to GA/Genetic Modifier... one of the downloads being... a midi file? i appreciate the music, though!

Here's my current mods list, I have stripped it strictly to mods relevant to my goal

Anyone with solutions? :mrgreen:
(I am aware I could've posted this under mod help, I did not search deep enough, my apologies)

Formerly known as the homicidal-cup-of-whatever

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:07 am

https://mega.nz/#!dNYxmbrb!s7gMArbEAiU9 ... mSW9Mb7Z2c
That should allow you to modify your captain. If you want to apply the change to your colonists, just use the hologram scout on any planet you've colonized. Due to a bug in GA, this will overwrite them with your captain. Now you can go into the colonist outfitter and strip off all the captain parts.

Recruit

Recruit

Gearaz

Unread post #3 by Gearaz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:51 pm

My plans were just that, and thank you so much for providing the mod I was looking for!

Recruit

Recruit

Gearaz

Unread post #4 by Gearaz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Update: I went into my game, the captain editor loaded up my captain in the creature editor, and all works as should, until I save the captain and exit it's editor, back to the game- it crashes, and upon booting up again, the sporepedia shows my edits didn't overwrite the captain, but instead saved as a new creature, and my captain is unchanged in the game.

I'm going to try this again, but with only the mod you provided, and force save. I hope we make this work.

Edit: I think it's a problem with the mod you provided, I'd like to be wrong, I'm gonna add-in one of DVD's genetic modification packages once a time.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:13 am

Uhhh...okay, I have a theory on why that happened.

Also I'd like to note that the editor you used was not the creature editor, but a modified version of the Captain Outfitter which inherits literally everything from the creature editor. I think that may be the problem - I forgot to override some stuff :lol:

Also re-adding DVD's Genetic Modification won't do squat. The only similarity to my mod is the idea.

Recruit

Recruit

Gearaz

Unread post #6 by Gearaz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:36 pm

I take it you're probably still looking to make your mod work? I mean, take your time if you are :D

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Gearaz wrote:I take it you're probably still looking to make your mod work? I mean, take your time if you are :D

I am. (Though to be honest I kinda ran out of time to work on it today. I'll get on that now.)

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

kumaezenjae

Unread post #8 by kumaezenjae » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Was this ever finished or is there a working alternative solution? I have tried several others, but none seem to completely work.

Return to “Help”