Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Unread post by Gearaz »

I would like to preface this with: I am running on the latest version of Windows 10, I have Creepy&Cute, Galactic Adventures and Bot Parts, including patches all installed in the proper order.

As the title says, I'm looking to modify the base creature of my captain in a save game. I want to believe this is possible, I've searched through pre-existing posts looking for a possible additional, or miscellaneous mod that brings DVD's Genetic Modification to Captains.
I remade the Arclarts from Spore Creatures, and I mistakenly used a non-shareable, dev-only cell-stage spike part for the front tooth, that's literally the only thing I want to remove/replace in order to make the creature shareable. All of this isn't a big deal, but while I'm still able to sort of use Spore's online servers to have my creations be downloaded into my friend's games, I would appreciate if I can remedy this mistake I made.

I have checked this particular post, seemingly asking about the same thing: viewtopic.php?t=2375 (this thread didn't really seem concluded?)

And Sporedum's archives: http://www.davoonline.com/download/
And I have downloaded 4 of the nearest possible matches to GA/Genetic Modifier... one of the downloads being... a midi file? i appreciate the music, though!

Here's my current mods list, I have stripped it strictly to mods relevant to my goal

Anyone with solutions? :mrgreen:
(I am aware I could've posted this under mod help, I did not search deep enough, my apologies)

Formerly known as the homicidal-cup-of-whatever
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Trying to fix/looking for Genetic Modification for Captains in Space Stage

Unread post by rob55rod »

https://mega.nz/#!dNYxmbrb!s7gMArbEAiU9 ... mSW9Mb7Z2c
That should allow you to modify your captain. If you want to apply the change to your colonists, just use the hologram scout on any planet you've colonized. Due to a bug in GA, this will overwrite them with your captain. Now you can go into the colonist outfitter and strip off all the captain parts.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

My plans were just that, and thank you so much for providing the mod I was looking for!
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

Update: I went into my game, the captain editor loaded up my captain in the creature editor, and all works as should, until I save the captain and exit it's editor, back to the game- it crashes, and upon booting up again, the sporepedia shows my edits didn't overwrite the captain, but instead saved as a new creature, and my captain is unchanged in the game.

I'm going to try this again, but with only the mod you provided, and force save. I hope we make this work.

Edit: I think it's a problem with the mod you provided, I'd like to be wrong, I'm gonna add-in one of DVD's genetic modification packages once a time.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Uhhh...okay, I have a theory on why that happened.

Also I'd like to note that the editor you used was not the creature editor, but a modified version of the Captain Outfitter which inherits literally everything from the creature editor. I think that may be the problem - I forgot to override some stuff :lol:

Also re-adding DVD's Genetic Modification won't do squat. The only similarity to my mod is the idea.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

I take it you're probably still looking to make your mod work? I mean, take your time if you are :D
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Gearaz wrote:I take it you're probably still looking to make your mod work? I mean, take your time if you are :D
I am. (Though to be honest I kinda ran out of time to work on it today. I'll get on that now.)

kumaezenjae
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kumaezenjae »

Was this ever finished or is there a working alternative solution? I have tried several others, but none seem to completely work.
grej2
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by grej2 »

Was this ever finished?
white_3designer
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by white_3designer »

Actually, this mod still can be used, but in a very unusual way. Yes, it crashes the game if you try to modify captain in space stage. But that creature which was created before the crash can be chosen as a creature for NEW save, choosing Space stage, it will keep every consequence trait for philosophy AND it will have new look, even including captain parts you can't get without leveling up. If you have Dark Injection (Partically, The Genetic modifier), you can then change look of your empire, your colonists, without affectin' your captain.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

I'm tried this mod (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2016_Captainatomy), but there's a problem with this mod, here's what my Captain has become:

The Captain loses his ranks! His name, too, goes like this: *UNKNOWN<ep1_captain_primay_title>* And can no longer do Adventures! And leaves his pink screen flashing! Except communication shutter. The Captain is there, but he's not! :shock:

I did as instructed, and I don't know if I did anything wrong! I had modified it a second time, because the first time, I couldn't change its name! I tried several more times, but nothing changed!
What EXACTLY should be done so that this problem does not recur with another Captain?

I think the "ChangeCaptain" mod might solve the problem, but ModAppi Launcher doesn't seem to want to install on my side! I'll have to have another look, and if I still have a problem, I'll ask for help.
Is there any other way of solving this "invisible" Captain problem?
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”