How to Get Sculptris parts into Spore???

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

rag--the--cat

How to Get Sculptris parts into Spore???

Unread postby rag--the--cat » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:36 am

Okay, so I am planning on making a mod featuring my own parts I made in Sculptris. I have no coding knowledge of any kind (unless you count BBC, CSS, and HTML) or modding knowledge either.

Notes:
I only have Core Spore and no expantions. If they are needed, my mod will be put on hold.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: How to Get Sculptris parts into Spore???

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:07 am

Do you know how to animate in Blender? And if not, are you willing to learn, so you can make your parts animated and/or deformable? Or are you content with static SporeMaster models? (You need Blender either way, it's really just a matter of which version(s) and how you'll be using them.)

rag--the--cat

Unread postby rag--the--cat » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:48 am

rob55rod wrote:Do you know how to animate in Blender? And if not, are you willing to learn, so you can make your parts animated and/or deformable? Or are you content with static SporeMaster models? (You need Blender either way, it's really just a matter of which version(s) and how you'll be using them.)

I do not know how to animate in Blender, but I have the patience. Some parts I want to make will probably be decoration-like, so I'll need static too. I downloaded the SporeModder tool, if that'll help at all, and I also learned how to convert Sculptris into an object file so I could put it in Blender. Is there anything else I'll need to know?

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:51 am

You'll need to download SporeMaster to create the pages and stuff necessary to put the part in the game. I recommend you to either look at how Spore does it, or download a parts mod like Spore Resurrection: First Steps to see how it works.
To export the model from Blender to a format Spore can understand, download the SporeModder addons and click on Export -> Spore RenderWare4 (.rw4).

Return to “Help”