Body and parts not moving!

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
LivB08
Cell
Cell

Body and parts not moving!

Unread post by LivB08 »

I have played a bit before without any mods so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the game. Now I have the "Dark Injection" mod installed and it works I guess... It works except from one annoying little thing!

I started on my first planet. I'm calling a mate to evolve my cell and I notice when I klick on the paint brush to change the color and style that my cell is not moving like it should. It's stiff like a board and nothing moves!

I evolve my cell and swim a bit around in the water. It swims around but the parts are all stiff. It's little speed fins (not the rotation fins) or what it is that you call it should wiggle around but are not!

I've done my research and learned where to place the mods. So I'm pretty sure I did install my mods right.

Anyone who knows what might have happened? Should I re-install my game and mods all over again?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Body and parts not moving!

Unread post by rob55rod »

This is an issue which sometimes happens at random. Mods do not cause it. One thing I know sometimes fixes it is copying the Core Spore package files into your Galactic Adventures data folder. If that doesn't do it, then yes, reinstall. But back up your save data first.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

rob55rod wrote:This is an issue which sometimes happens at random. Mods do not cause it. One thing I know sometimes fixes it is copying the Core Spore package files into your Galactic Adventures data folder. If that doesn't do it, then yes, reinstall. But back up your save data first.
Thank you so much for your help :)

As a Spore newbie I still have a few things to learn. So I gotta ask, "what are the Core Spore package files?"

Is it all or some of the files found in: "C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games" ? That's the route I go when I backup my game (game0 and game0.old.)
LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

One more thing!

If I need re-install the game, should I use this page for the "dark injection" mod (http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... html#FILES) or this (http://davoonline.com/sporemods/DI9.html).

I used the second one. It's the one I understood best how to install the mod.

The first one I got a bit lost on. Cameras got all messed up in creature creator. I'm not a computer genius and english is not my first language :?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LivB08 wrote:Thank you so much for your help :)
No problem :mrgreen:
LivB08 wrote:As a Spore newbie I still have a few things to learn. So I gotta ask, "what are the Core Spore package files?"
You know how you have a Data folder for each DLC? Well the Core Spore package files are just the files which are in your Core Spore data folder by default.
LivB08 wrote:Is it all or some of the files found in: "C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games" ? That's the route I go when I backup my game (game0 and game0.old.)
No, those are your save data packages .-.
LivB08 wrote:If I need re-install the game, should I use this page for the "dark injection" mod (http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... html#FILES) or this (http://davoonline.com/sporemods/DI9.html).
Well that's your decision,
The first one is a beta of Dark Injection 9.r, which is being constantly updated by me, the second is a stable release of Dark Injection 9 from 2013. Obviously there will be bugs in the former, but there are also features and improvements you'd be missing out on by going for the stable release.
LivB08 wrote:I used the second one. It's the one I understood best how to install the mod.
Well if you had any trouble with the 9.r beta but are still interested, just tell me where you got lost and I'll clarify whatever needs clarifying.
LivB08 wrote:The first one I got a bit lost on. Cameras got all messed up in creature creator. I'm not a computer genius and english is not my first language :?
Eh, no surprise there. But the camera bugs have been fixed for the next beta release, so if you want, you can just go for DI 9 now, then upgrade to DI 9.r when Beta 2 comes out :OD

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

Sorry for all the questions :oops: And thank you for taking the time :) Of course I'd like to have the newest dark injection mod version :)

Then I'll go ahead and install Dark Injection 9.r.

I have read the descriptions below the download links and I know it's probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway to make sure I don't do anything wrong.

Shall these two also be installed? Arenas_RDX9.package (C), Arenas_Textures.package (C). And then I'm done?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LivB08 wrote:Sorry for all the questions :oops: And thank you for taking the time :) Of course I'd like to have the newest dark injection mod version :)

I have read the descriptions below the download links and I know it's probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway to make sure I don't do anything wrong.

Shall these two also be installed? Arenas_RDX9.package (C), Arenas_Textures.package (C). And then I'm done?
Yes you need those packages...unless you're a fan of invisible parts :lol:
But you have to add a "z" to the start of their names and install then to your CORE SPORE data folder. All of the other packages go in your GALACTIC ADVENTURES data folder, under their original names.

LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

rob55rod wrote:
LivB08 wrote:Sorry for all the questions :oops: And thank you for taking the time :) Of course I'd like to have the newest dark injection mod version :)

But you have to add a "z" to the start of their names and install then to your CORE SPORE data folder. All of the other packages go in your GALACTIC ADVENTURES data folder, under their original names.
Oh no! "no invisible parts" lol! Yes I was pretty sure those two had to be installed as well. But I wanted to ask anyway haha.

But I didn't know about the "z". By "all the other packages" do you mean the ones listed below the "Stable (Dark Injection 9):" headline? Those were actually what confused me most!

I'm a newbie after all :lol:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LivB08 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Oh no! "no invisible parts" lol! Haha yes I was pretty sure those two had to be installed as well. But I wanted to ask anyway XD
Nonono I meant that if you don't have those packages, ALL the parts will be invisible.
LivB08 wrote:But I didn't know about the "z". By "all the other packages" do you mean the ones listed below the "Stable (Dark Injection 9):" headline? Those were actually what confused me most!
If you want DI 9.r , you should just ignore everything below that subheader.
LivB08 wrote:m a newbie after all :lol:
Well you're doing better than I was when I started :lol: .

LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

rob55rod wrote:
LivB08 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Yes you need those packages...unless you're a fan of invisible parts :lol:
Oh no! "no invisible parts" lol! Haha yes I was pretty sure those two had to be installed as well. But I wanted to ask anyway ...because I like butterflies!
Nonono I meant that if you don't have those packages, ALL the parts will be invisible.
LivB08 wrote:But I didn't know about the "z". By "all the other packages" do you mean the ones listed below the "Stable (Dark Injection 9):" headline? Those were actually what confused me most!
If you want DI 9.r , you should just ignore everything below that subheader.
LivB08 wrote:m a newbie after all :lol:
Well you're doing better than I was when I started :lol: .
Haha ok! Oh nice :D I have been all over the internet to find information. Great to have people like you to keep Spore alive. What a great game!

It's only the "DI 9.r" that I want.
LivB08
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LivB08 »

You said earlier "camera bugs have been fixed for the next beta release." and I could just go for DI 9 now, then upgrade to DI 9.r when Beta 2 comes out.

DI 9 and DI 9.r is different versions then? I installed DI 9.r because I didn't see any DI 9... (Or should I not have done that yet?)

Typed in the "z's" and installed to my "CORE SPORE data folder".

But are the dnapoints supposed to be halfway inside of the spore parts box and halfway outside of it?

And name of your spore creature inside of the spore creature description box. The name and description floats together and overlap!

Name and description box also overlap the spore parts box a little bit.

The spore pedia button is just blank but I do get to the sporepedia when I klick it. The complexity meter is also blank.

You mentioned a " Beta 2". Will these isues be fixed in the new beta?

Sorry I try my best to explain. I don't know how to take screenshoots of the game. And I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions... I'm really interested and want to learn. But some parts are kinda greek to me. So all I can do I ask and learn along the way. And hopefully I'll get somewhere!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LivB08 wrote:You said earlier "camera bugs have been fixed for the next beta release." and I could just go for DI 9 now, then upgrade to DI 9.r when Beta 2 comes out.
...right. Forgot about that.
LivB08 wrote:DI 9 and DI 9.r is different versions then? I installed DI 9.r because I didn't see any DI 9... (Or should I not have done that yet?)
Yes, they're two different versions. It's your decision as to which to install. DI 9 is known to be functional and not have any real issues (aside from some design flaws), while DI 9.r has the latest and greatest features...and the bugs which come with them. 9.r is currently in open beta, and the last public release is public beta 1.1 .
LivB08 wrote:Typed in the "z's" and installed to my "CORE SPORE data folder".
You only did that for the Arenas_ packages, correct? As I said, all the other packages go in your Galactic Adventures data folder unless the mod author says otherwise. Everything. GA data folder is your default.
LivB08 wrote:But are the dnapoints supposed to be halfway inside of the spore parts box and halfway outside of it?
What? I think I'm going to need a screenshot of that...
LivB08 wrote:And name of your spore creature inside of the spore creature description box. The name and description floats together and overlap!
Known bug, that was temporary. Still trying to think of a way to further compact that stuff .____.
LivB08 wrote:Name and description box also overlap the spore parts box a little bit.
Again, screenshots. I can barely interpret words as images D:
LivB08 wrote:The sporepedia button is just blank but I do get to the sporepedia when I klick it. The complexity meter is also blank.
rob55rod wrote:Again, screenshots.
LivB08 wrote:You mentioned a " Beta 2". Will these isues be fixed in the new beta?
As many as possible, yes. And there will be other improvements and added features as well (*COUGH* Darkspore skinpaints *COUGH*). Of course, this is still in beta, and there will still be a lot of work to be done after that.
LivB08 wrote:Sorry I try my best to explain. I don't know how to take screenshoots of the game. And I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions... I'm really interested and want to learn. But some parts are kinda greek to me. So all I can do I ask and learn along the way. And hopefully I'll get somewhere!
Press "CTRL SHIFT C" to open the console, then type "togglecaptureui" (or "togglecapturegui", I forget which) and press enter to enable UI capture. Then just press "C" to take a screenshot. These will be automatically saved to

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations\Pictures
You can embed screenshots by uploading them to a website like imgur and embedding them like this:

Code: Select all

[img]IMGUR http://i.whatever.png URL HERE[/img]
Please don't use Davoonline's built-in attachment feature for screenshots, as it shrinks them to a uselessly small size. I really need to talk to Davo about either fixing that or disallowing images completely at some point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”