Patch and animation problems

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Patch and animation problems

Unread post by grandrice »

I've recently moved my spore game from Steam to Origin. The Origin installation acted weird, and I have two spore copies installed. One in a folder called Electronic Arts. This copy is completely non functional. The other is in Origin Games, and it works. I've tried patching in the correct order, but it fails. Due to the strange installation, the animations seem broken, creatures in space stage don't talk. and the game wont patch properly. When I open Spore, it says that a new patch is available. However, when I run the patch, it says Spore is up to date. The patch that the game is currently on is before the asymmetry patch.

I have C&c and GA
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Patch and animation problems

Unread post by rob55rod »

Well you shouldn't have two copies of the game installed. I'd say get uninstall both, and reinstall only the Origin one.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:Well you shouldn't have two copies of the game installed. I'd say get uninstall both, and reinstall only the Origin one.
Trying that now. Ill let you know the results.
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:Well you shouldn't have two copies of the game installed. I'd say get uninstall both, and reinstall only the Origin one.
I've uninstalled all traces of spore (except the things in the documents folder) and when I try to install spore it says Spore version 1.05.001 is detected. I cant possibly figure out where to go from there. There is no information of the patch saved in the documents folder, is there?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
I've uninstalled all traces of spore (except the things in the documents folder) and when I try to install spore it says Spore version 1.05.001 is detected. I cant possibly figure out where to go from there. There is no information of the patch saved in the documents folder, is there?
No

But there might be something still in the registry.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
No

what should I look for. How would I go about deleting it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote: I've uninstalled all traces of spore (except the things in the documents folder) and when I try to install spore it says Spore version 1.05.001 is detected. I cant possibly figure out where to go from there. There is no information of the patch saved in the documents folder, is there?
No

That's the thing - I'm not sure. Try CCleaner.

If this doesn't work, I hope your computer is good enough to run the game in a Virtual Machine at a playable framerate...

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No

That's the thing - I'm not sure. Try CCleaner.

If this doesn't work, I hope your computer is good enough to run the game in a Virtual Machine at a playable framerate...
No luck. Also, I doubt it. My computer is from 2009, and it was mediocre when it was new.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Could it possibly be the files in sporemaster? Like how sporedata is unpacked and so is patchdata?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:No luck. Also, I doubt it. My computer is from 2009, and it was mediocre when it was new.
Crud...that or a new computer might be your only solution, though I recommend formatting your hard drive and reinstalling your OS and such before going to such drastic measures. But before you do any of that, I'll look around and see if maybe there's something we missed.
grandrice wrote:Could it possibly be the files in sporemaster? Like how sporedata is unpacked and so is patchdata?
No, that's like saying that Microsoft Word thinks it's still installed because you still have some old word documents re-saved in TXT format on your hard drive.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:No luck. Also, I doubt it. My computer is from 2009, and it was mediocre when it was new.
Crud...that or a new computer might be your only solution, though I recommend formatting your hard drive and reinstalling your OS and such before going to such drastic measures. But before you do any of that, I'll look around and see if maybe there's something we missed.
I found and deleted the registry. Maybe that will help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
...be careful. One wrong move and you could bring something important crashing down.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Crud...that or a new computer might be your only solution, though I recommend formatting your hard drive and reinstalling your OS and such before going to such drastic measures. But before you do any of that, I'll look around and see if maybe there's something we missed.
...be careful. One wrong move and you could bring something important crashing down.
Nothing fatal so far...
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Ok, so it downloaded succesfully, and no longer detects patch 5, but it wont install correctly.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:Ok, so it downloaded succesfully, and no longer detects patch 5, but it wont install correctly.
How do you mean? What went wrong?

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:Ok, so it downloaded succesfully, and no longer detects patch 5, but it wont install correctly.
Origin's just... Weird.
Anyway, I fixed it and successfully patched to 5. Im installing c&c now.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Origin's just... Weird.
Oh.

...why did you install patch 5 before Creepy and Cute? .-.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: How do you mean? What went wrong?
Origin's just... Weird.
Oh.

Because right above the thread it says:
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- Patch Spore to 1.5.1

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore Dr. Pepper Bot Parts Pack

Additional information can be found at http://www.davoonline.com/faq.html
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote: Origin's just... Weird.
Oh.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

- Install Spore Game

- Patch Spore to 1.5.1

What the...

Okay, hold on, let me fix that.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Oh.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

- Install Spore Game

- Patch Spore to 1.5.1

What the...

Okay, hold on, let me fix that.

So origin is doing it's usually thing of breaking sh*t whenever possible.
It says I can't install C&c until spore is uninstalled.
I have never, ever heardd that before, I would rather not reinstall spore again, is this true?

Return to “Help”