-Solved- Resolution Not Adjusting + "Spitting" Ability Not Functioning

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Stellarnaut
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

-Solved- Resolution Not Adjusting + "Spitting" Ability Not Functioning

Unread postby Stellarnaut » Sun May 31, 2015 3:39 pm

These are the Mods I have installed, if you are Wondering:
The Dark Injection and CamBen's Color Package.

I Patched Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to the 1.5.1 version, The Spore and Spore GA Are NOT illegally installed (I bought them with my own Money), and I properly applied the Modifications to the SPORE_EP1 Data directory.

Details About the Resolution Problem: I try to change the Resolution settings to maximum and windowed it, but it remains at 600 x 860 resolution. I did not interfere with the Preference.txt either.

Details About the "Spitting" Ability: When I try to apply a part that has the Spitting ability, the ability does not show in the set of other abilities the creature already has. Whether it's from the Mod parts or the Original Spore parts, the ability does not show or function.

Could someone Lend me a Hand?
Last edited by Stellarnaut on Sun May 31, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Resolution Not Adjusting + "Spitting" Ability Not Functioning

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun May 31, 2015 6:34 pm

For the resolution issue, add -r:[desiredscreenwidth]x[desiredscreenheight] to the target, or (if you launch Spore via Steam) to the launch options. If you need to force windowed mode, add -w to the target/launch options. As for the Spit issue...did you install Spore via Steam? Doing so is known to cause many, many problems, most of which are mod-related. Even Origin Spore is better, in spite of its mandating that you make a deal with the devi- I mean agree to EA's EULA thing.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Stellarnaut

Unread postby Stellarnaut » Sun May 31, 2015 7:00 pm

rob55rod wrote:For the resolution issue, add -r:[desiredscreenwidth]x[desiredscreenheight] to the target, or (if you launch Spore via Steam) to the launch options. If you need to force windowed mode, add -w to the target/launch options. As for the Spit issue...did you install Spore via Steam? Doing so is known to cause many, many problems, most of which are mod-related. Even Origin Spore is better, in spite of its mandating that you make a deal with the devi- I mean agree to EA's EULA thing.

Hey Thanks Man!
The Resolution started working the way i wanted it to after Re-Launching and Closing the Spore application several times.
Then I installed Origin (from your suggestion) and it was fixed.
Thank you once again!

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun May 31, 2015 7:03 pm

InfernoEssence wrote:
rob55rod wrote:For the resolution issue, add -r:[desiredscreenwidth]x[desiredscreenheight] to the target, or (if you launch Spore via Steam) to the launch options. If you need to force windowed mode, add -w to the target/launch options. As for the Spit issue...did you install Spore via Steam? Doing so is known to cause many, many problems, most of which are mod-related. Even Origin Spore is better, in spite of its mandating that you make a deal with the devi- I mean agree to EA's EULA thing.

Hey Thanks Man!
The Resolution started working the way i wanted it to after Re-Launching and Closing the Spore application several times.
Then I installed Origin (from your suggestion) and it was fixed.
Thank you once again!

Not a problem ._.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Return to “Help”