Getting the Correct Save Planet

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Getting the Correct Save Planet

Unread postby GBAura » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Recently I was trying to get one of my Spore saves to be the not only the right type, but at a precise location in the galaxy for a future project. Unfortunately getting that down is difficult through normal means (creating new files and deleting them) since new save files are randomly generated. I did run into a glitch where I can delete a file and create the other one so that always spawn into that location (by using the same species with similar traits for the file, like being a military nation in the Civil Stage), but I still couldn't get the right type for it. To add insult to injury, I happen to get the planet I wanted, just not at the right location.

So I decided to break the game down into getting the SPO save files renamed or have their properties changed (I figured out that all the data in the Roaming Spore folder is package files, just rename the extension), but didn't have much luck because it Spore will load the thing for a long time or not at all.

Do any of you have any experience on game saves and how I can change it's properties? Or an exploit to ensure I get the kind I wanted?

Edit: Dangnabbit, I forgot the pictures for reference and what I'm talking about.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Getting the Correct Save Planet

Unread postby emd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

I can try to modify his coordinates if you give me the planet you want and the planet where you want to be. I don't promise I will do it or I will be able to, but I can try it.

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Very well, just give me a bit. I may want to upload an extra file if the trick is to give the planets the same name.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby emd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:35 pm

GBAura wrote:Very well, just give me a bit. I may want to upload an extra file if the trick is to give the planets the same name.

Probably the planet name can be changed, but changing the coords shoudn't change the name.

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:39 pm

I tried changing the name in the actual .SPO file yesterday, but it resulted in the save file being unable to boot (maybe due to the different file size and some other unknown reason). Also, changing coordinates? I didn't think of that but how can I pull that off?

Edit: D'OH! The file you need, here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n224t ... roto_1.rar

(Aru Grosso is the planet I'm trying to get at here, replacing the other planet. I also added star data if necessary.)

Actually, I uploaded new star data with the two save planets fresh and new. You can just experiment with your own data rather than use the two save files, unless the .SPO files have coordinate data.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby emd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:31 am

GBAura wrote:I tried changing the name in the actual .SPO file yesterday, but it resulted in the save file being unable to boot (maybe due to the different file size and some other unknown reason). Also, changing coordinates? I didn't think of that but how can I pull that off?

Edit: D'OH! The file you need, here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n224t ... roto_1.rar

(Aru Grosso is the planet I'm trying to get at here, replacing the other planet. I also added star data if necessary.)

Actually, I uploaded new star data with the two save planets fresh and new. You can just experiment with your own data rather than use the two save files, unless the .SPO files have coordinate data.

Then what was what you wanted to do?

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:57 am

I'm trying to switch locations for the two planets but I'm not sure how I call pull it off. The reason for that is because of a Let's Play I'm continuing for a friend of mine and I want to be on one of the spots (as you can see in the screncap). Also, I can't seem to get that planet type is reappear again after this so my best bet is to get the files changed somehow.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby emd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Well, most of the files are strange for me xD
I suppose you can try to replace the PlanetScripts.pld things.

Botifier
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby Botifier » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:57 pm

You guys do realize that every file in games are DBPF files right?
DBPF=.package file

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby emd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:22 am

Botifier wrote:You guys do realize that every file in games are DBPF files right?
DBPF=.package file

I mean the files inside that packages.

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Okay, turns out I can't do it via modding or file swapping no matter what I do (changing planets scripts didn't do a thing, etc), but I discovered something a bit unusual with the game generation that might explain what's going on here. It's turns out that planet I was trying to get is a only time only thing, as some planets types only appear once and you can't get it to re spawn again unless you delete the internal roaming data. I have to uninstall the game to make a couple exploits to get ensure I get the one I want, the problem here is that me getting it down since it's all luck based.

Still, thanks for the help, I'll come back if I get it.

Edit: Well, looks like I got it, spot and all! It's by sheer dumb luck this happened to me a lot quicker than I thought!

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Return to “Help”