Super Comlpex creatures crashing game to desktop

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
MrGodzilla445
Recruit
Recruit

Super Comlpex creatures crashing game to desktop

Unread postby MrGodzilla445 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Every creature I make that's really complex cause the game to flat out close to desktop when I preview them. I really don't think it has anything to do with what my computer can handle because I can run Skyrim with Sharpahooters ENB no problem. If anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it, thank you.

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Super Comlpex creatures crashing game to desktop

Unread postby CamBen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Are the creatures that are super complex freezing up in the editor after a while and playing no animations? Because at that point, any creature you save will be too complex for spore to handle.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm

How complex is super complex?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

MrGodzilla445
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MrGodzilla445 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Camßεn wrote:Are the creatures that are super complex freezing up in the editor after a while and playing no animations? Because at that point, any creature you save will be too complex for spore to handle.

By super complex I mean above the standard limit. I'm not even capable of viewing it anymore. If I'm in the Sporepedia and click the preview ". . ." button it immediately crashes to desktop saying "SporeApp.exe has stopped working."

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:07 pm

MrGodzilla445 wrote:
Camßεn wrote:Are the creatures that are super complex freezing up in the editor after a while and playing no animations? Because at that point, any creature you save will be too complex for spore to handle.

By super complex I mean above the standard limit. I'm not even capable of viewing it anymore. If I'm in the Sporepedia and click the preview ". . ." button it immediately crashes to desktop saying "SporeApp.exe has stopped working."

So, the game crashes at that point if you've exceeded normal complexity by a single Shellshard? If so, see if the problem continues if you uninstall Dark Injection and go crazy with the Freedom cheat.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

MrGodzilla445
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MrGodzilla445 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm

rob55rod wrote:
MrGodzilla445 wrote:

So, the game crashes at that point if you've exceeded normal complexity by a single Shellshard? If so, see if the problem continues if you uninstall Dark Injection and go crazy with the Freedom cheat.

It Doesn't do it with all my above limit creations, just two.

Here's one of them
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107310438 ... 3797780769

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:15 am

MrGodzilla445 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
MrGodzilla445 wrote:By super complex I mean above the standard limit. I'm not even capable of viewing it anymore. If I'm in the Sporepedia and click the preview ". . ." button it immediately crashes to desktop saying "SporeApp.exe has stopped working."

It Doesn't do it with all my above limit creations, just two.

Here's one of them
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/107310438 ... 3797780769

Well there goes everything I thought I'd figured out about this problem. I don't know why it would help, but my instincts are reccommending this. Make necessary backups and try it.

MrGodzilla445
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MrGodzilla445 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:32 am

Turned out to be that I had my graphics cache set way too high, but sadly it only worked for the creation I showed you in the video, my Godzilla still crashes the game.

Return to “Help”