Dragging Prey and Sitting/Drinking Animations?

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
TheSkyPillars
Hatchling
Hatchling

Dragging Prey and Sitting/Drinking Animations?

Unread post by TheSkyPillars »

Hello! This is my first post on this forum! I've been lurking with some ideas and it occurred to me, Why can't our creature that we play be able to sit or drink via key press like we see other creatures do ingame? Also is there anyway we can drag prey? I know we can with a mod by Davo we can grab smaller creatures but it seems only when they are alive. Is there a way to tweak it that we grab dead prey and carry it with us (And perhaps not throw it?) If this is the wrong forum then I apologize!

☾ ❤ The Sky Pillars ❤ ☽
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dragging Prey and Sitting/Drinking Animations?

Unread post by Vallachan »

The drinking by key press would work if it was put in by default, otherwise it isn't really possible because you can't set "click locations" to play scripted events. For example, I've made the seamonster play some really weird effects as well as some migration music and making my creature dance, but there's no way to make my own scripted event play at my own specified action.

As for dragging things, spore doesn't really use ragdoll physics, so that is ruled out. Also, there really is no dragging animation in the game, so there isn't much to work with.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dragging Prey and Sitting/Drinking Animations?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:The drinking by key press would work if it was put in by default, otherwise it isn't really possible because you can't set "click locations" to play scripted events. For example, I've made the seamonster play some really weird effects as well as some migration music and making my creature dance, but there's no way to make my own scripted event play at my own specified action.

As for dragging things, spore doesn't really use ragdoll physics, so that is ruled out. Also, there really is no dragging animation in the game, so there isn't much to work with.
Umm...epic bite or c&c "ballet" animations?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”