Unable to trade with other empires during space stage

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unable to trade with other empires during space stage

Unread post by Kralc0 »

For some reason, some of the empires I meet during the space stage won't let me trade with them, even if they like me. I've even tried getting them to hate me, only to get them to like me again, to see if that did anything, but alas, there was no change.

I thought I had fixed the problem, when I discovered in the file "#4E5855B9" in the "space_npc_relationship_effects~" folder that "tradeChance" was set to less than one, which would obviously seem to be the cause of the problem. However, after fixing the value and starting my galaxy from scratch, AGAIN, I found that, once again, some of the empires still could not trade, no matter the relationship status.

Being as this issue is extremely aggravating to me, I'm REALLY hoping that someone might be able to help me out with this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, thanks.

emd
Admin
Admin

Re: Unable to trade with other empires during space stage

Unread post by emd »

That will be a bug. Reinstall the game.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Zanthoria
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Zanthoria »

Perhaps the thing to to would be to suggest a mod, that let's you always trade, thus reversing the problem and more? Also, did you re-install the game for a new galaxy or just delete game, cause deleting fixes no problems.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Is your game fully patched to the latest version? If you have an older version of Spore, Patch 5.1 would fix most of the common bugs in the game (Patch 6 doesn't count, it doesn't fix a lot of things). If not, then I would suggest you uninstalling and reinstall it, but if you want to keep all your data and creatures, then you need to backup the data in your My Spore Creatures folder (in the Documents in Explorer) and the roaming data which is tucked away pretty well.

To get the internal data, make you you set your computer to see hidden folders, then go to D: (or C:, depending on your computer), Users, YourName (the account name you are on), AppData (Invisible file), Roaming, SPORE and save the files in the folder. Once you reinstall the game, put the files back in where they belong.

If you are a Dark Injection user, you would note that modders recommend you install the game in a specific order in order to keep the game up to date so the mods you install work. The problem is that it can be a bit long and reinstall the game fresh is a pain because of how long it takes, but if you had no choice but to uninstall the game, you can reinstall it in this order as the mods will work with no problem:
Spore, Creepy & Cute (optional), Galactic Adventures, Patch 5.1, Bot Parts (optional)
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

What I'm wondering is that, do I just have to reinstall period, or is this problem being caused by a mod somehow? I haven't found anything that would suggest that any of them would be causing the problem, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. I guess I would just prefer to find out what all my other options are besides reinstalling, since doing so would undoubtably be a drag.
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Could someone please respond to my last message? I realize that reinstalling might solve my problem, but if the problem is being caused by a mod, then reinstalling won't do any good.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Er, sorry about not responding to you, I neglected it. :(

As I stated, you could try reinstalling the game, but I think there is something with the mod, are you using DI or something else? One of the risks with using mods is that there is a small chance that it could overwrite data not only with other mods, but the official game data, which might of been the cause for it. With DI, it never changed anything crucial to the game but when I used Camben's parts mod, it overwrote the included Cell parts, and over time the the textures on the official parts where changed as long the mod was installed (this is going to fixed in the newer version so don't worry). However, I am aware reinstalling is a pain but then I realized there is a faster way to this.

If you have the disk to Spore and Galactic Adventures, put the CD in the disk drive, open up Explorer, go to the Computer tab where the DD is (mine is E:, but yours might be different) and go to the Spore folder. Copy those files and put them in the internal data. For regular Spore, put them in the SPORE folder, for GA, put them in the EP1 folder.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

While I do use mods, I've used a checking program to ensure that none of the mods conflict with each other, so I know that isn't the problem. As for affecting the official game data. . .well, isn't that sort of what mods are suppose to, change the game? I could copy and paste the files as you described, but if there's something in one of my mods that I'm missing that is the cause of this, I don't see how doing that would change anything, as the mod's data would still override any of the core data relating to it.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Mods are meant to temporarily change or add content to the game as long as they are installed, but the problem is that some of them are dangerous because they could screw up some of the official coding in the game as well as the other mods, like the old version of Dark Injection and the Camben parts which clashed into each other. I don't know what mods you have on there, but can you give me the details?

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Well, some of them I've modded personally so that they don't conflict with the other mods, but the mods that I do have include:
-Buzzsphere Items
-Dark Injection v8 (including Arenas files)
-2013DavoSimplySpice
-1StarFleet
-alteredturretweapons,
-atechtree
-packratcargo500
-Spacelord
-Many of the gametuning~ xml files from Platinum Spore, among other various mods, most of which are just additional tools for the space stage.

As it turned out, that file that I mentioned in my first post, #4E5855B9, was from Platinum Spore, so I naturally suspected this problem to be coming from them. However, after going over them again and again with Sporemaster, I've found nothing that would seem to lead to my current predicament, which is why I'm here, since being as there are clearly such masterful modders here, I'm hoping someone could give me an idea what to what file(s) affect this part of the game.

P.S.
I would certainly hope that none of the official coding has been messed up, but my question regarding that is, how could mods corrupt the core data, and if it were, how could I tell if that's whats going on?
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Could some please respond to my last message? I can be patient, but I'd prefer not to have to be, if at all possible.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

My bad (once again). I looked into Platinum Spore the other day as well as the official game data, and I found out the values of the relationship data were changed exclusively for PS. I kinda dun goofed on what I said with the mods overwriting the official game data, that isn't really the case as the problems are usually caused by the mods themselves, not the other way around. Have you tried playing the Space Stage without Platinum Spore? If the problem still persists, tell me and I can try to fix it. If not, that's the issue with the mod, not the game. You can change it to the official data by opening the SPORE_Game package file, find the #4E5855B9 file, copy it, go back to Platinum Spore and overwrite it.

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

First off, thanks for getting back to me. As for Platinum Spore, I just want to point out that I'm only using the game tuning~ and space_npc_relationship_effects~ files from Platinum Spore, not the whole thing. As for the #4E5855B9 file specifically, the problem I've having is that I changed the tradeChance value to what it is in the core spore version, which seemingly should have fixed the problem, yet the problem still exists, even after starting a whole new galaxy from scratch. As such, I don't know whether there's another file that would affect trading to empires that needs correcting, or whether there's something I'm still missing in the #4E5855B9 file that is causing this problem.

Of course, I could try what you suggested, and replace the whole file with the original from the core spore data, but then, wouldn't that corrupt my current space stage game? If it were easy to predict when the problem would arise, I could just backup my current galaxy, start a new one and then test your idea, but so far, which empires will trade and which won't seems to be completely random, so I have no idea how long I'd have to play to determine whether the problem still existed after replacing the #4E5855B9 file, and to be honest, I'd rather not spend potentially hours of playing a game that I won't keep.

P.S.
While I appreciate you helping me out, GBAura, I'd be happy to hear suggestions from other people as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”