Anyone know anything about RPK files?

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Anyone know anything about RPK files?

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 am

I was digging around in the Spore Hero ROM with WiiScrubber and the parts in the creature editor are in RPK format. There isn't a lot of report on this but from what I gathered, this the format EA uses when it came to the games their developers make. Another thing I found is that these are Radlight Skin files, but I can't be sure because I believe these are model files. The reason why I'm asking you guys about this is because I want to use them for a mod that I'm working on, and my research on how to pull that off is fruitless because modders converted other files like .pac or .arc.

Do you guys have any idea about this?

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Re: Anyone know anything about RPK files?

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:26 am

I have no clue. You've taken the iso off your wii disk and extracted it, correct? I did that too, hoping for the chance to find the spor o mega. I don't know what the files could be opened or extracted in, or how to access their content, but did you try 7zip to unpack them? It works flawlessly with some file types I've found.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:14 pm

I tried using 7-Zip like you said but it did nothing since it's not an archive file, but then again (and I should of mentioned this earlier) I can open the RPK files with HxD. That's what some modders do for extracting models and textures from WWE'12, I assumed it would do the same and I was half right. It's just I don't know where to start, I mean, the programs to mod are there but since this format is never looked into before I don't know where to begin. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows about this.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

GBAura wrote:I tried using 7-Zip like you said but it did nothing since it's not an archive file, but then again (and I should of mentioned this earlier) I can open the RPK files with HxD. That's what some modders do for extracting models and textures from WWE'12, I assumed it would do the same and I was half right. It's just I don't know where to start, I mean, the programs to mod are there but since this format is never looked into before I don't know where to begin. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows about this.

No idea, but my mod http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5011&p=18603#p18603 has a replica Spor-O-Mega, if that can satisfy your cravings for now!

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:24 pm

rob55rod wrote:
GBAura wrote:I tried using 7-Zip like you said but it did nothing since it's not an archive file, but then again (and I should of mentioned this earlier) I can open the RPK files with HxD. That's what some modders do for extracting models and textures from WWE'12, I assumed it would do the same and I was half right. It's just I don't know where to start, I mean, the programs to mod are there but since this format is never looked into before I don't know where to begin. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows about this.

No idea, but my mod http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5011&p=18603#p18603 has a replica Spor-O-Mega, if that can satisfy your cravings for now!

I can PM a PAL Spore Hero ISO to anyone who could use it for this purpose!

Return to “Help”