Wtf GA?

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
First Class

First Class

Chenjesu

Wtf GA?

Unread postby Chenjesu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am

How the hell are you suppose to avoid those god damn fireballs that epics shoot? Does anything work against them? Is there a way to turn them off for specific galactic adventures? What the hell is "armor up" even for? Also why would GA not let you pick things up like crates or eggs ? How am I suppose to complete a mission to bring an egg to someone when I can't even pick eggs up? What else can I even suppose to be able to pick up and bring? A mine?
Btw are there any mods for adventure editor?
And is there any way to tell beings/creatures to stay in one place until I talk to them again?

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Re: Wtf GA?

Unread postby CamBen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:26 pm

To answer your question about are ther any adventure mods, yes. AdventureProps v4.0, made by yours truly and company.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2805&p=10672#p10672
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

First Class

First Class

Chenjesu

Unread postby Chenjesu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Alright so if I make an adventure that uses this mod, will other people have to download the mod to do the modified stuff in the adventure? Like normally you can't pick up a create, so if this mod lets you pick up a crate and I publish a GA mission where someone needs to pick up a crate, will other non-mod users be able to pick up crates when they play it?

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread postby GBAura » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm

OK, a lot of questions about the engine of Galactic Adventures. Let's see...

You can't avoid the fireball attack that the Epic can use on you, it's always like this since the original game and you can't counter that move. The fireball is a ranged weapon, meaning it can only use it if your captain or an enemy is in a distance, it can't do it if you're close to it. To prevent the Epic from using it in any adventure, you have to set the awareness about 22, any number higher than that you cause the Epic to use the fireball attack. Sure, you can set it lower than that, but if you plan to go for close-range combat where the Epic follows you and attacks once it's up to you, I recommend you set to 8, but don't go lower than that since it'll not attack and it at least needs some to do anything.

The "Power-Up Armour" is an temporary effect your captain can get to increase its defense for a short period of time. Case and point, when you get hit, you take less damage. No offense, but I'm not sure why you asked this since it should be self explanatory if you played RPGs, other games and even Spore and GA itself with the Health Boost parts and the Zealot amour equipment you can get.

The reason why GA won't let you pick things up like eggs and creates because they aren't handheld objects. The engine GA uses when it comes to props and gameplay objects is limited, but Maxis kindly programmed a way to make those things act like the way you wanted for the most part. If you want to hold eggs, you need to load a key from the gameplay objects tabs (doesn't matter which colour, just make sure the gate with the same colour isn't into play depending on the adventure you're making), set it to "Disguised", choose "Objects" on the top left corner of the screen and select any egg. It's small by default due to the size of the disguised object but you can make it bigger by holding Shift and scrolling up on the mouse wheel.
Just to let you know, you can set goals to give the key object to someone else, but other gameplay objects may not have the same goal functions due the way they were intended to work normally, like bombs, which you can only move to, not pick up. The downside with gameplay objects is that you can't disguise any object from that category into another of it's same type, so that means you can't disguise keys with Crate Classic. If you want to do that anyway, you need to make a crate in a separate editor and disguise the key with your creation, or if you modded to create a duplicate of the item which works as a fixed object.

If you're wondering about mods for GA, yes, like Camben said, there's Adventure Props. Like all mods with illegal parts, if other people need to open the creation and your adventure, they need to get that specific mod first. However, EA and Maxis don't recommend you share modded creations on the official Sporepedia since those parts aren't legit and it could ruin other games if the mod wasn't installed. However, you can share it elsewhere, even on this site if you wish.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

First Class

First Class

Chenjesu

Unread postby Chenjesu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Well the props thing is cool, is there a way to tell allies to temporarily stay in one place?

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Unread postby CamBen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Chenjesu wrote:Well the props thing is cool, is there a way to tell allies to temporarily stay in one place?

Acts.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:07 am

fireballs can be avoided by making them hit a mountain or cliff wall, maybe even a building...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

First Class

First Class

Chenjesu

Unread postby Chenjesu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 am

CamBen wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:Well the props thing is cool, is there a way to tell allies to temporarily stay in one place?

Acts.

See you keep saying these short an vague things and I never have any idea what you mean. You man actions? What actions? Where? Is it a mod? Is it a patch? Where do I get it?

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:36 am

No. I mean acts. Like acts in the adventures. Acts. Like act 1-8, isn't that straightforward?

First Class

First Class

Chenjesu

Unread postby Chenjesu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:22 pm

CamBen wrote:No. I mean acts. Like acts in the adventures. Acts. Like act 1-8, isn't that straightforward?

Well that wasn't really what I was talking about. If in an act a none-aggressive character is following you, then you should be able to tell them to stay put until you talk to them again.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread postby GBAura » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Chenjesu wrote:Well that wasn't really what I was talking about. If in an act a none-aggressive character is following you, then you should be able to tell them to stay put until you talk to them again.

You can only tell them to stay put if you actually TALK to them, like in the Speaking Goal in one of the acts.

However, you can try to make an advanced character behavior (click on the creature to bring up their options, mouse-over one of the behaviour commands, hold CTRL and click to bring up the advanced commands) to follow you and program it to stop if it's aware of an object (like a rock, but you can hide it underground or inside something like a building), then go to the Speech/Captions tab, click on the Inspect/Talk To tab and write in dialogue that tells the character to stay put. When you complete what you're doing, make a Talk Goal Act to tell the character to follow you again.

The thing is, the adventure editor is rather limited, but most Spore users can figure out ways to bypass the limitations to do some amazing things with it like all the other editors, and you should to since the game is about creativity. It's like clay and paper, you don't have to sculpt with your hands or draw on it, you can do a lot more with tools and your imagination. I suspect you're new at this (I don't blame you if that was the case, I was like that to and started out simple since Spore can be a bit complex at first glance), but I suggest you play around with the editor some more and experiment to see what works with the resources you've been given. Who knows, you might uncover new tricks that no else found before!

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Return to “Help”