Epic Problems

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Epic Problems

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Two issues that I'm currently experiencing are that in no epic creatures ever spawn in any of my games, and also, during the tribe stage, all the other tribes are the exact same species (including gear and accessories) as the player's tribe. I admit, while the issue with the tribes is weird, it's not too much of a problem. However, I would really like to be able to play games containing epics without having to use an epicizer space tool to do so (I'm not even sure whether that would work).

While I do use mods, both problems remained even after I removed all but DI and its arenas package files (currently I'm using DI v8). I could try removing those as well, though I'm not certain if that'd cause problems since I've already made creatures using DI parts, and regardless, I don't see how they could cause these problems. If anyone has any ideas about what's going on, I'd be glad to hear them.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Epic Problems

Unread post by Vallachan »

I honestly have no clue what could be going on. Is there a ga prop tag on your other creations?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

On some of my creations, yes, there are, but I'm afraid I don't see how that has to do with the problems mentioned above.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Well if you have ga prop on too many creations, it can cause glitches in the stages. A similar glitch happened to one of my friends on steam.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i think its clear that we know why the steam version would be a mess haha
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Well actually I know them on steam but they have the physical copy of ga.

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Actually, could you clarify what you mean by "ga props"? Are you referring to parts, or props in adventures, or something else? What I originally thought you meant was turned out to be something else, so as it stands, I don't know whether many of my creations contain ga props or not.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I meant the tag that you put on creatures to disable them from spawning in the stages. Autocorrect changed gaprop to ga prop

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

I wasn't aware that there even was such a thing as that. . .so I'm guessing that's not the problem, since I haven't used anything like that for any of my creations.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Well, when my games are bugged, I delete SPORE folder on %appdata% (That erases all games).
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

You mean the folder at /Users/username/Library/Preferences/SPORE Preferences/p_drive/User/Application Data? It contains the Games folder along with the EditorSaves, GraphicsCache, Planets and Pollination packages, among others, if that helps clarify it.

Also, if that IS what you're referring to, then will the folder and it's contents respawn if I get rid of it?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Yes. When you open Spore again it will generate a new SPORE folder.
BUT you will lose all your games.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Well, I don't currently have any games saved, so that's not a problem
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Don't delete editorsaves though, it contains all your creatures.

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Thank you for letting me know. I was going to get rid of the whole folder, but luckily I hadn't gotten around to it yet lol. Just so I know, though, is there anything else in there which I definitely should NOT get rid of?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Kralc0 wrote:Thank you for letting me know. I was going to get rid of the whole folder, but luckily I hadn't gotten around to it yet lol. Just so I know, though, is there anything else in there which I definitely should NOT get rid of?
I can't think of anything else, editorsaves is the main one. Although, I'm not on my computer at the moment to check.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

You can backup My Spore Creations folder, too.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Well, I tried as you said. . .but even with the original EditorSaves.package, most of my creations then became inaccessible. I did back up the Spore folder, but still, there clearly is another file I shouldn't have gotten rid of.

Edit: It seems that the other file not to delete was the pollination.package, as after restoring it, I again had access to all my creations. As to why that is, I have no idea. . .but at least I didn't permanently lose access to my creations. However, even with having the game respawn all the other files, the problem with the tribes still remains, and problem with the epics (possibly?) still remains. It seemed like I might have found one in the creature stage, but I passed by it before it's model had loaded to the point where I could see anything, and by the time I tried to backtrack, it was gone (or at least, I couldn't find it). However, as no epics have spawned in the tribal stages, I suspect the problem still remains.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Have you set your game to hard mode? I rarely find epics in tribal stage on easy unless I send my creatures on a raid to a creature nest.

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Basically every time I've tried it, it's been on hard
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”