Finding Cow Pattern Paint Texture

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Finding Cow Pattern Paint Texture

Unread postby CamBen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

So, a while back i was searching around for the texture of the cow spots texture that by default in vanilla spore, is brown. I found a few other paint textures, including a few base game, and I located a few dark injection one while messing around in sporemaster, but not that specific one. So, if anyone knows its value/name for its texture, can you please let me know? It's not of utmost importance, but I'd appreciate the help, and be able to try my hand at replacing it with a darkspore looking texture.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Re: Finding Cow Pattern Paint Texture

Unread postby GBAura » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I think the hashtag name of the cow spot texture is #5AEF7671, at least from the icon. I also looked around the unpacked data for a bit and I believe the texture data is actually in the Spore_Game package (in the #406A0200 folder), not the Spore_Graphics folder 'cause that's where most of UI files are stored.

There is also something that I need to point out, the game files tend to be confusing and misleading at times, and this is a big problem with people modding Spore (and possibly other EA titles). Certain data that you are seeking may be stored in a different package file entirely, or have a different folder name altogether. For instance, the part icon you commonly see in the editors mostly have a hashtag name, and that's where one can find the file, but in reality most of the data linking to that part has a "cleaner" folder name.

Let me explain, the Sassysquatch foot icon has a hashtag name of #9F0C67F7, so one can find the file in there, but the other parts of it is actually ce_movement_primate_04.rw4 (both in the LOD and non-LOD folders). This is because the icons mostly refer to the left side of the part, and the right side (even the middle, if possible) is stored in a different file name and in a lot of different locations. Granted, it's all in the Spore_Graphics package file where the UI icons are, but it's something a lot of people can miss (even me when I was trying to fix a problem with DI and it didn't turn out successfully for some reason). Textures are not like this, as the data is still referring to the hashtag name, but it's still something a lot of people need to watch out for.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

The Boss

Re: Finding Cow Pattern Paint Texture

Unread postby Davo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

i had played with this a while back

i never went too far with it but i found alot of my textures in the arenas files. most likely the textures one ha.
i think the heart was found on google images...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Return to “Help”