Can't get my first test mod working

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
koopachris
Recruit
Recruit

Can't get my first test mod working

Unread postby koopachris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 pm

So I just downloaded sporemaster and decided to try to make a simple test-mod in which you could rapid-fire spit attacks. So I did all the steps and acessed all of the files succesfully. I went to creature ability templates and changed the refresh time variable in spittemplate from 3 to 0.5. So I pack the mod and put it in the SPORE data folder. I start up GA and the spit recharge time isn't changed. SO I stick it in the SPORE galactic adventures data
folder and tried again. Nothing. I even unpacked it, checked to make sure the variable was still at 0.5, and it was, then repatched it. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong? :?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Can't get my first test mod working

Unread postby Davo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

did the icon spin faster but not actually spit faster, thats because the animation takes time to restart i believe.

try on something different. something damage wise. do other mods work on your game?

also, just stick the mods in your GA Data folder.
most mods you make wont work for the original game

koopachris
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby koopachris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 pm

I've been messing around a bit, and it seems that editing the creatureabilitytemplate~ files doesen't seem to work for me, no matter which one I'm editing. I can ess with the variables in the templates, but ingame, nothing is different. However, editing the normal creatureabilities seems to work fine. Although most abilities seem to have their cooldown rates in the template files. Grrrr. Must be a bug with Sporemaster.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 pm

so add that line of code into the actual ability and it will work. the files in the creatureabilitytemplate are just referenced by the actual abilities. basiclly, its like a file they all use, both equal the ability.

Return to “Help”