Mods Stopped Working

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Kimia
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Mods Stopped Working

Unread postby Kimia » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 am

Okay, first thing first. I do have GA, the mods have worked before. Now, today I experienced a crash of spore, nothing too bad I think at first.

Nah uh. Booted up Spore again, went to start messing with creatures again. Silly thing starts telling me it's too complex. Cue "What the...?" face. Now, I have had the unlimited complexity mod (Davo's), and it's worked before the crash. Also have Dark Injection, with all the parts showing up. After the crash, none of the parts show up in creator anymore. It's back to the basic inventory in creator.

Is there some cache file thingy that I need to delete to get these back to working? If so, where is it located at?

Snaid1
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Mods Stopped Working

Unread postby Snaid1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:43 pm

a couple of questions for you:
is the basic game working right or is more missing?
do any other mods you use work?
are you updated to the latest patch (1.5.1)?

worst case scenario, you can completely uninstall and reinstall your game. others may have a better idea but I don't know what it is.

Kimia

Unread postby Kimia » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Well, I got it to work today.

I yanked out all the contends of the data folder, and booted up Spore. It crashed, naturally. I then stuffed everything back in the data folder. When I booted up Spore again, it displayed a dialog box saying something to the effect of "Content browser updating..." and all the mods worked again.

Anyways, yes to base game working right and yes to fully patched.

I have Dark Injection, Unlimited Complexity, and Orbit Spore installed.

I guess I gave the game a seriously hard reboot or some equivalent action.

Snaid1
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postby Snaid1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am

cool. so your problem is fixed then. I'll have to remember that solution in the future.

alexdanoob

Unread postby alexdanoob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:03 am

Nice job Kimia, thanks for the useful discovery, that actually makes a lot of sense too.

The AppData packages probably got corrupt or had some weird issues, it's strange though, I'd expect restarting Spore would allow it to repackage everything properly and fix issues, but I guess even that aspect of their application is messed up. Atleast we know, an alternate to deleting almost everything in AppData is taking the mod .packages out of the Data folder, running Spore so that it cleans the AppData packages, then put the mods in place and should be good to go.

Leave it to Electronic Arts to release a billion patches because the base game is buggy, and release more patches to fix the issues the previous patches caused lmao, got to love their efficiency in proper application functionality. I know very little programming, but everyone knows that it's important to test the hell out of your software before release, that's why there's alpha and beta testing -_- then again, with EA, might as well do testing all the way to Z until they get something right lol.

Return to “Help”