Hello from Louisiana,

Welcome to DavoOnline.com! Let us know what you are about!
Forum rules
If you post something I don't approve of, it will be removed.
Venger
Hatchling
Hatchling

Hello from Louisiana,

Unread post by Venger »

Hello

When Spore first came out, I got it, played it for a a year or so but haven't played at it in a long while.
I recently reinstalled for a very specific reason.

One of my hobbies is doing animated videos of stories I write.
Both my vids so far are Lovecraftian themed, and I'm working on a third..

I used iClone for staging anims. 3d monster assets and anims were done in 3ds. Next vid I will be using Cinema 4D tho.
I had to learn the process, and it took a long time to model and animate, and really the creatures I made are only "ok", BUT unique!

So I'm assembling assets for my next vid, and started thinking Spore since I learned it had the Freedom, and Collada export funcionality, and was doing research and stumbled on DarkedgeTV's works and was blown away!

So, In a nutshell, I found my way here researching 3d assets for my next little horror video.

My big question right now is, what is the limit of parts I can put on a creature, and have a successful export?
I noticed all the bones along with the parts. Its awesome they are linked and weighted!

Anyway, nice to meet ya. And thanks for this awesomely cool stuff!!

If you're interested to see my vids, here are links.

This is my first vid. I have often thought of redoing that monster scene since I've learned so much since.

It Scared Me To Death
https://youtu.be/ijA6tJP0zfI

And this is my latest vid
And The Darkness Drank Them In
https://youtu.be/HUyYgCrh1l4

You never know how bright things are until you encounter true darkness
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hello from Louisiana,

Unread post by Davo »

Nice to meet you, fellow Louisiana resident here!
I have subbed your YT channel and will check it out at a better time!

ask Rob 55Rod, he's the boss around here.
Venger
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Venger »

Hey Davo! Nice to meet you, I'm from the Lafayette area, Crowley as a matter of fact, how did you fare with the recent flooding?
Fortunate here, water came up to my deck, but not in the house.
You never know how bright things are until you encounter true darkness
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Sorry for the late response, I guess I kind a missed this thread.
Venger wrote:So I'm assembling assets for my next vid, and started thinking Spore since I learned it had the Freedom, and Collada export funcionality, and was doing research and stumbled on DarkedgeTV's works and was blown away!
I can understand why :lol:
Venger wrote:My big question right now is, what is the limit of parts I can put on a creature, and have a successful export?
I noticed all the bones along with the parts. Its awesome they are linked and weighted!
We're not exactly sure, but to the best of my knowledge, if it will paint, it will export. DarkEdgeTV has done a few creations which violate this limit, so I'd suggest you should take a look at those to get an idea of what not to do.

Adding to that, I typically prefer to build a custom skeleton for my creations, as the Spore ones are kind of a mess at times :lol:

Also there is a tweak which changes the in-editor texture resolution, and this carries over to colladaexport. If you have a reasonably powerful computer and an interest in textures above 512x, you may want to take a look at that.

Davo wrote:ask rob55rod, he's the boss around here.
O.o
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Welcome to DavoOnline Forums”