On the Topic of Textures

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
fluffhead_chan
Hatchling
Hatchling

On the Topic of Textures

Unread post by fluffhead_chan »

I'm not a fan of the textures of DI parts. For example, this part (the Neutrino Phalanges) is supposed to have textures similar to this preview:
https://ibb.co/dirC8o

However, when in Paint Mode, it looks like this:
https://ibb.co/m1KbZT
https://ibb.co/ko0Tg8

While it's likely due to the paint choice, the textures here seem to be of a very low quality, especially with the orange glitching onto what I assume is intended to be a single-colored grasper.

Other parts have muddy textures, like the paint mode version of the feet from the first picture, or are bizzarely shiny, as seen here:
https://ibb.co/iKdqdo

To me, these parts don't really fit with Spore's general aesthetic (which I know wasn't really the intent, but still) and are awkward to use alongside Core Spore parts, leading me to avoid using them completely. This leads to the other issue-

DI seems to overwrite the textures of Core Spore/C&C parts no matter which components I pick. Said components will simply add another page of DI-textured parts whilst also overwriting the originals. A fix for this would be nice due to my views on the issues mentioned above.

Thanks! and apologies for the constant spacing lol
Fluffhead

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: On the Topic of Textures

Unread post by rob55rod »

Not sure what's up with those two Darkspore parts...I'll have to investigate. If you could provide a PNG of a creature which has the orange bleed-in, that would help.

As for the Core Spore part textures...you installed the mod incorrectly. Just use the Installer. If you already did, then...well, I'm already investigating a potential solution to the cause of it being possible to cause that via incorrect installation, so that should be fixed soon, too.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fluffhead_chan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by fluffhead_chan »

rob55rod wrote:Not sure what's up with those two Darkspore parts...I'll have to investigate. If you could provide a PNG of a creature which has the orange bleed-in, that would help.
Will do sometime tomorrow! :)
As for the Core Spore part textures...you installed the mod incorrectly. Just use the Installer.
I can’t use the installer because Mega (which was the only mirror you provided) is incompatible with Microsoft Edge. This is an issue that also affects V3.1 of the CamBen Colors mod (of which I sent you a number of PMs concerning said issue) and likely many other large DavoOnline mods as well.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

fluffhead_chan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Not sure what's up with those two Darkspore parts...I'll have to investigate. If you could provide a PNG of a creature which has the orange bleed-in, that would help.
Will do sometime tomorrow! :)
Appreciated.
fluffhead_chan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:As for the Core Spore part textures...you installed the mod incorrectly. Just use the Installer.
I can’t use the installer because Mega (which was the only mirror you provided) is incompatible with Microsoft Edge. This is an issue that also affects V3.1 of the CamBen Colors mod (of which I sent you a number of PMs concerning said issue) and likely many other large DavoOnline mods as well.
Oh...right...well, rather than questioning your motives for using Edge (lol), I figure I may as well note that I've been considering alternatives due to all the problems and complaints I'm hearing about MEGA, so I'll likely be moving to Google Drive soon.

EDIT: Moved CamBen's Color Pack over, DI will probably have to wait, we'll see.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”