Mysterious crash when saving creations

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=174
Valerix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Mysterious crash when saving creations

Unread post by Valerix »

Hello,
My name is Valerix and I just wanted to report a bug, which I'm sure you hear a lot of. The game seems to only crash when I am in the creature editor attempting to see it roam or attempting to save. It is quite frustrating when I put a lot of time into a creation just to see it gone. If you could help that would be great and just look out for this issue. Keep up the good work.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Crashing bugs.

Unread post by rob55rod »

Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

I also get this crash if I add too many parts. Decrease your part count until your creature's breathing animation is there again, this is what I did to salvage my then-corrupted anatomically accurate T-Rex
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
Valerix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Valerix »

rob55rod wrote:Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...
Unfortunately I'm not sure if that is the case, it would be after 3 or 4 parts (some dark-spore some regular) that the game would crash. Should I try turning complexity off and or reinstalling Dark Injections? I'm pretty sure everything was installed in the correct order. Also, thank you for responding.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Valerix wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...
Unfortunately I'm not sure if that is the case, it would be after 3 or 4 parts (some dark-spore some regular) that the game would crash. Should I try turning complexity off and or reinstalling Dark Injections? I'm pretty sure everything was installed in the correct order. Also, thank you for responding.
...okay, there goes that hypothesis.

Did you install DI manually, or using the Installer? Do you have any other mods? (And if so, what are they?)

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Valerix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Valerix »

rob55rod wrote:
Valerix wrote:
...okay, there goes that hypothesis.

Did you install DI manually, or using the Installer? Do you have any other mods? (And if so, what are they?)
I ended up installing it using the installer. And here is the list of all installed MODs (also had fixed fps cap).
Screenshot (2).png
Valerix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Valerix »

Update: I've tested the game with just DI and Force Save and it still will not work. I made sure that the config and properties .txt files had the proper coding. I'm not sure what to do. Saving is the only crash that I am getting.
Maybe try starting a new creation? the only one I've been using contains DI parts. (just tested this and still the crash occurs. Just trying to test so we aren't trying at this forever.)
Nexives
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Nexives »

I've also been experiencing sporadic crashes mostly around Creature Creator. If I take a creation into the colour chooser or test mode, it can randomly crash. It's not consistent and sometimes I can use those features without problem. Though if I was to quit and save, it will crash, but at the same time I can save before going to quit and it'll work fine. It cant be a problem with rendering because I can play the game on high settings and no crashes happen during game play until creature creator. I had removed all other mods except the most recent DI packages (Installed via installer) and it still happens.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Nexives wrote:I've also been experiencing sporadic crashes mostly around Creature Creator. If I take a creation into the colour chooser or test mode, it can randomly crash. It's not consistent and sometimes I can use those features without problem. Though if I was to quit and save, it will crash, but at the same time I can save before going to quit and it'll work fine. It cant be a problem with rendering because I can play the game on high settings and no crashes happen during game play until creature creator. I had removed all other mods except the most recent DI packages (Installed via installer) and it still happens.
...how complex are these creatures, typically?

Nexives
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Nexives »

Complexity doesnt effect it. I've had things from the Sporepedia cause the crash, and just the starting body on a new creation cause the crash. I removed all the DI packages and played Spore Vanilla and it worked fine. Something is wrong with the latest DI
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Nexives wrote:Complexity doesnt effect it. I've had things from the Sporepedia cause the crash, and just the starting body on a new creation cause the crash. I removed all the DI packages and played Spore Vanilla and it worked fine. Something is wrong with the latest DI
...ooooooooookay then...do you have any other mods installed?

Nexives
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Nexives »

I already mentioned that I did. I also tried removing all packages besides the DI packages and vice versa and vanilla. Its only crashing when DI is installed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Nexives wrote:I already mentioned that I did. I also tried removing all packages besides the DI packages and vice versa and vanilla. Its only crashing when DI is installed.
Oh...sorry about that, I think I got mixed up between your posts and Valerix's .-.

Anywaves...does it crash if you leave DI installed but disable all of its features? (You can do so through the DI Configurator. To access it, just run the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller as Administrator, then click the Gear icon next to the entry for DI 9.r . To disable all the features, set the UI and Creature Editor Background to Core Spore and Forest, and uncheck everything else, then click Apply.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”