Crashing bugs.

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Valerix

Crashing bugs.

Unread postby Valerix » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Hello,
My name is Valerix and I just wanted to report a bug, which I'm sure you hear a lot of. The game seems to only crash when I am in the creature editor attempting to see it roam or attempting to save. It is quite frustrating when I put a lot of time into a creation just to see it gone. If you could help that would be great and just look out for this issue. Keep up the good work.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Crashing bugs.

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheUltraCube6723
Location: On the third rock from Sol, in a small country that Earth's inhabitants call "Armenia"

Unread postby TheUltraCube6723 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:57 am

I also get this crash if I add too many parts. Decrease your part count until your creature's breathing animation is there again, this is what I did to salvage my then-corrupted anatomically accurate T-Rex
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon

Valerix

Unread postby Valerix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:03 am

rob55rod wrote:Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...

Unfortunately I'm not sure if that is the case, it would be after 3 or 4 parts (some dark-spore some regular) that the game would crash. Should I try turning complexity off and or reinstalling Dark Injections? I'm pretty sure everything was installed in the correct order. Also, thank you for responding.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 am

Valerix wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Sounds like you're making things that are too complex for the game to handle...

Unfortunately I'm not sure if that is the case, it would be after 3 or 4 parts (some dark-spore some regular) that the game would crash. Should I try turning complexity off and or reinstalling Dark Injections? I'm pretty sure everything was installed in the correct order. Also, thank you for responding.

...okay, there goes that hypothesis.

Did you install DI manually, or using the Installer? Do you have any other mods? (And if so, what are they?)

Valerix

Unread postby Valerix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Valerix wrote:

...okay, there goes that hypothesis.

Did you install DI manually, or using the Installer? Do you have any other mods? (And if so, what are they?)

I ended up installing it using the installer. And here is the list of all installed MODs (also had fixed fps cap).
Screenshot (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valerix

Unread postby Valerix » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Update: I've tested the game with just DI and Force Save and it still will not work. I made sure that the config and properties .txt files had the proper coding. I'm not sure what to do. Saving is the only crash that I am getting.
Maybe try starting a new creation? the only one I've been using contains DI parts. (just tested this and still the crash occurs. Just trying to test so we aren't trying at this forever.)

Nexives

Unread postby Nexives » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 am

I've also been experiencing sporadic crashes mostly around Creature Creator. If I take a creation into the colour chooser or test mode, it can randomly crash. It's not consistent and sometimes I can use those features without problem. Though if I was to quit and save, it will crash, but at the same time I can save before going to quit and it'll work fine. It cant be a problem with rendering because I can play the game on high settings and no crashes happen during game play until creature creator. I had removed all other mods except the most recent DI packages (Installed via installer) and it still happens.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:32 am

Nexives wrote:I've also been experiencing sporadic crashes mostly around Creature Creator. If I take a creation into the colour chooser or test mode, it can randomly crash. It's not consistent and sometimes I can use those features without problem. Though if I was to quit and save, it will crash, but at the same time I can save before going to quit and it'll work fine. It cant be a problem with rendering because I can play the game on high settings and no crashes happen during game play until creature creator. I had removed all other mods except the most recent DI packages (Installed via installer) and it still happens.

...how complex are these creatures, typically?

Nexives

Unread postby Nexives » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:49 am

Complexity doesnt effect it. I've had things from the Sporepedia cause the crash, and just the starting body on a new creation cause the crash. I removed all the DI packages and played Spore Vanilla and it worked fine. Something is wrong with the latest DI

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Nexives wrote:Complexity doesnt effect it. I've had things from the Sporepedia cause the crash, and just the starting body on a new creation cause the crash. I removed all the DI packages and played Spore Vanilla and it worked fine. Something is wrong with the latest DI

...ooooooooookay then...do you have any other mods installed?

Nexives

Unread postby Nexives » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 am

I already mentioned that I did. I also tried removing all packages besides the DI packages and vice versa and vanilla. Its only crashing when DI is installed.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 am

Nexives wrote:I already mentioned that I did. I also tried removing all packages besides the DI packages and vice versa and vanilla. Its only crashing when DI is installed.

Oh...sorry about that, I think I got mixed up between your posts and Valerix's .-.

Anywaves...does it crash if you leave DI installed but disable all of its features? (You can do so through the DI Configurator. To access it, just run the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller as Administrator, then click the Gear icon next to the entry for DI 9.r . To disable all the features, set the UI and Creature Editor Background to Core Spore and Forest, and uncheck everything else, then click Apply.)

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”