Common Graphics glitch (explanation)

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

succubus666

Common Graphics glitch (explanation)

Unread post #1 by succubus666 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 pm

So I've got drv9 installed along with a few other mods and I've come across this glitch where the creatures in my game flash in and out of a silhouette of a certain color non stop. It usually happens when there's many of one species on the screen at once. I recently updated the graphics to 60 fps but i cant remember if this started happening before or after that but could there be a way to fix this? or is it just my old pc? (from 2012) This is the first game i have played a game that i have modded.

https://youtu.be/GACRFrI4l6g

EDIT: since I'm a lazy bum and don't know how to delete this post I'll just put this here for anyone else stumbling around to find why this happens in their game. Tech support says there is no fix since it is an issue with the core game, so high complexity creatures most likely will have a higher chance of doing what I call "flashing" as seen in the video above. It is the price we pay for mods, one which I can rest easy paying now that i know theres no way around it. bye love ya

Recruit

Recruit

Tigerthjeu

Re: Common Graphics glitch (explanation)

Unread post #2 by Tigerthjeu » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:16 pm

You'll encounter it with every creature say,, far above the complexity meter max.
Spoiler: show
[Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler][Spoiler] :mrgreen:
[/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”