Spore crashes when I try to edit a DI creation

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Spore crashes when I try to edit a DI creation

Unread post by Sir Keksalot »

So a while back, I downloaded DarkEdge's Darkspore hero packs, and I can open and edit most of the heroes just fine,
including the cyber heroes, using the hotfix she provided. However, for some reason, the game crashes when I try to open Goliath (found here:https://rebecca1208.deviantart.com/art/ ... 9456994569).
I can view him in the Sporepedia, but clicking "edit" will crash the game. The screen turns black as if it's transitioning into the editor,
it gets stuck loading for a few seconds, and boom--the game has crashed. Why is this ONLY happening with Goliath? Can I do something to fix it? I really want to see how Goliath's made, and I can't do that very well if I can't see him in the editor.

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Spore crashes when I try to edit a DI creation

Unread post by Flames Kid »

it is the micro tech sensor on his chest it cashes spore with di for some reason and in 2.1.6 it has a warning about this
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

here are the darkspore characters from the game and creature converter anyway: https://mega.nz/#!IMZkyTha!lhGIM8_BzLtP ... QZiVkA5a8w, https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxoh8q1h ... 6-2016.exe

(to use the converter just run the image with the .exe that you want in spore then drag the fixed image into spore(you need :di: 2.0.6 up to use them))
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Flames Kid wrote:(to use the converter just run the image with the .exe that you want in spore then drag the fixed image into spore(you need :di: 2.0.6 up to use them))
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound ungrateful, because this is actually really dope. But...I have no idea what this instruction means. I can't open the hero converter, and I'm not sure I want to find out what happens if I try to open one of these .png's in Spore. So what exactly do I do, step-by-step idiot-proof instructions, to get one of these creatures in Spore?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Sir Keksalot wrote:
Flames Kid wrote:(to use the converter just run the image with the .exe that you want in spore then drag the fixed image into spore(you need :di: 2.0.6 up to use them))
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound ungrateful, because this is actually really dope. But...I have no idea what this instruction means. I can't open the hero converter, and I'm not sure I want to find out what happens if I try to open one of these .png's in Spore. So what exactly do I do, step-by-step idiot-proof instructions, to get one of these creatures in Spore?
(Sorry about the green, GifCam may or may not hate me lol)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Sir Keksalot wrote:
Oh, papa bless. This is exactly what I needed, thanks. Now maybe I can scrap those god-awful Destructor recreations for the real deal.

EDIT: Goliath STILL crashes the game, even after using this method. I don't know what it is that's causing this, but it's got me pretty mad.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sir Keksalot wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Sir Keksalot wrote:
Oh, papa bless. This is exactly what I needed, thanks. Now maybe I can scrap those god-awful Destructor recreations for the real deal.

EDIT: Goliath STILL crashes the game, even after using this method. I don't know what it is that's causing this, but it's got me pretty mad.
It's Goliath, of course it crashes...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Sir Keksalot wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

So there's nothing I can do to just edit him, save for manually recreating him (which I by no means have the skills to do)?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore crashes when I try to edit Goliath

Sir Keksalot wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Sir Keksalot wrote: Oh, papa bless. This is exactly what I needed, thanks. Now maybe I can scrap those god-awful Destructor recreations for the real deal.
So there's nothing I can do to just edit him, save for manually recreating him (which I by no means have the skills to do)?
For the moment, yes, unfortunately.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

The game also crashes if a converted Darkspore creature has any GA parts.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore crashes when I try to edit Goliath

rob55rod wrote:
Sir Keksalot wrote:
rob55rod wrote: It's Goliath, of course it crashes...
For the moment, yes, unfortunately.
Well, RIP the dream, then. Maybe I can load in one of his variants and modify it into his Alpha form.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Actually at one point after just installing the di 2.1.6 I could load him for a while so while I still could I replaced the microtech scanner on his chest with another one of the Cyber eyes, I'll send it as soon as I'm on my computer
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

here ya go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Flames Kid wrote:here ya go
Of course I only see this AFTER I attempt to recreate him from a variant, kek. But thanks, I'll make good use of those purple highlights that are somehow there even though the detail and coat colors seem to be yellow and silver, respectively.

Also, I don't know why, but none of the fixed files for Arcturus seem to work. The game just does nothing when I try to add them. Weird.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

thats because he has a captain part on him and as fungus3 said most of those crash the game or in your case do nothing
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Flames Kid wrote:thats because he has a captain part on him and as fungus3 said most of those crash the game or in your case do nothing
Ach, guess I'll have to improve my reverse-engineering of him that I manually made and which sucks. Oh well, I can probably make him look decent in time.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

here is someone elses remakes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sir Keksalot
Cell
Cell

Flames Kid wrote:here is someone elses remakes
Oh, uh...wow. Thanks. You're really coming through for me with everything I'm complaining about.

Hm...oh, uh, well, I suuuuuure wish I had a girlfriend! WOE IS MEEEEEEEEeeeeeee

Also, should a DI creature's feet be sinking into the floor? Because they are and I'm not sure if that's normal. This is with every DI foot as far as I can tell, and it only happens outside the editor.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

The feet thing is a known bug, and I'm still not really sure what causes it...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”