Very LOUD editor sound effects + other bugs

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Very LOUD editor sound effects + other bugs

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Ive been using DI 2.1.6 and i am using the black core-spore UI editor, along with the hero editor background, and i couldnt help but notice the ambient machinery sounds in the background are REALLY loud, louder then the rest of the entire game. i have to turn the volume down to under half just because of that...and also, sometimes the volume just goes back to being really loud again? I guess this is more of a suggestion, but the ambient editor sound imo should be a little lower.

another bug, which im not sure if is a feature or not, is that in the editor, the creatures have no animation anymore. normally, they would look around or make a sound when you arent editing them, but the models are just looping their "idle" animations over and over. I kinda missed having them look around, try out their new hand or just any little quirk, really.

then theres the category tabs, which have no titles, just named "***"

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Very LOUD editor sound effects + other bugs

Unread post by Flames Kid »

paranoid_modder wrote:Ive been using DI 2.1.6 and i am using the black core-spore UI editor, along with the hero editor background, and i couldnt help but notice the ambient machinery sounds in the background are REALLY loud, louder then the rest of the entire game. i have to turn the volume down to under half just because of that...and also, sometimes the volume just goes back to being really loud again? I guess this is more of a suggestion, but the ambient editor sound imo should be a little lower.

another bug, which im not sure if is a feature or not, is that in the editor, the creatures have no animation anymore. normally, they would look around or make a sound when you arent editing them, but the models are just looping their "idle" animations over and over. I kinda missed having them look around, try out their new hand or just any little quirk, really.

then theres the category tabs, which have no titles, just named "***"
I too had noticed the loud editor but i dont know about the animations, i installed a mod that removes that but i didn't know of this happening otherwise
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

i dont know, maybe some other mods are doing it? noticed it when i installed 2.1.6 and also, the background ambience sound is mixing other music inside sometimes..
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

yea one of them keeps being copyrighted in my youtube vids as 'an iron frappe'
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Flames Kid wrote:yea one of them keeps being copyrighted in my youtube vids as 'an iron frappe'
Apparently that's the name of a song by Robert Fripp and/or Brian Eno...I know the Eno was involved in Spore's development, not sure about Fripp though...
paranoid_modder wrote:Ive been using DI 2.1.6 and i am using the black core-spore UI editor, along with the hero editor background, and i couldnt help but notice the ambient machinery sounds in the background are REALLY loud, louder then the rest of the entire game. i have to turn the volume down to under half just because of that...and also, sometimes the volume just goes back to being really loud again? I guess this is more of a suggestion, but the ambient editor sound imo should be a little lower.
Okay yeah you're not the only one to report that...I honestly had no idea, I have my system volume super low half the time (chronic headaches, k?) and at a reasonable level the other half, so I can easily see how that mistake could've slipped past me. In any case, apologies, I'll look into reducing the volume for the next build. Sorry about that >-<
paranoid_modder wrote:another bug, which im not sure if is a feature or not, is that in the editor, the creatures have no animation anymore. normally, they would look around or make a sound when you arent editing them, but the models are just looping their "idle" animations over and over. I kinda missed having them look around, try out their new hand or just any little quirk, really.
That is a feature, pulled straight out of Darkspore. The idea was that it helped add a bit to the feeling of "No, this isn't Spore, what are you talking about?", and also meant the creature wouldn't interrupt the player's creativity, allowing them to create faster, although I guess I should probably make it its own component, rather than being tied to a specific editor background...
paranoid_modder wrote:then theres the category tabs, which have no titles, just named "***"
Do you have the Darkspore Text component installed? If not, does installing it resolve this issue?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Okay yeah you're not the only one to report that...I honestly had no idea, I have my system volume super low half the time (chronic headaches, k?) and at a reasonable level the other half, so I can easily see how that mistake could've slipped past me. In any case, apologies, I'll look into reducing the volume for the next build. Sorry about that >-<
paranoid_modder wrote:another bug, which im not sure if is a feature or not, is that in the editor, the creatures have no animation anymore. normally, they would look around or make a sound when you arent editing them, but the models are just looping their "idle" animations over and over. I kinda missed having them look around, try out their new hand or just any little quirk, really.
That is a feature, pulled straight out of Darkspore. The idea was that it helped add a bit to the feeling of "No, this isn't Spore, what are you talking about?", and also meant the creature wouldn't interrupt the player's creativity, allowing them to create faster, although I guess I should probably make it its own component, rather than being tied to a specific editor background...
paranoid_modder wrote:then theres the category tabs, which have no titles, just named "***"
Do you have the Darkspore Text component installed? If not, does installing it resolve this issue?
1. yeah its not really a HUGE issue, but its kind of annoying, haha :lol:
2. again, i guess its more of a nitpick, so its up to you what you want to do with it, i just personally enjoyed them doing those animations, but i do understand why it was taken out, but again, your the one who decides :D
3. i thought darkspore text component was part of the darkspore UI, aka it was a custom font, so i didnt install it. i will add it now and see :o*

EDIT: i am so sorry about my bad formating OTL
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”