Over Complex Creatures Transparant

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
Recruit

Recruit

werewolfwrath

Over Complex Creatures Transparant

Unread post #1 by werewolfwrath » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 am

I don't know if this is Dark Injection specifically or just Spore with modded complexity in general, but I noticed that if a creature was over a certain complexity over the normal amount, It it would often appear as this transparent blue or white instead of its normal color.
blue.png
Even weirder this would also affect normal complexity creatures as long as they were in close proximity to the over complex one.
blue2.png
changing the distance and or camera angle would make them pop in and out of this effect, and bringing the number of parts back down would remove this effect entirely. Also in GA, changing the atmosphere density increases or reduces this effect (having no atmosphere seems to also remove the effect) This only happens in gameplay (in any stage not just in adventures) as they look perfectly normal in the editor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

succubus666

Re: Over Complex Creatures Transparant

Unread post #2 by succubus666 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm

This seems to be the glitch no one wants to answer to, its been happening to me too. As far as I know its my pc thats about 5 years old, but could there be a fix? hope someone replies to this thread or mine i posted a while ago on the same issue.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #3 by rob55rod » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:10 pm

"no one wants to answer to", huh? Well yes, I am sick of answering this question over and over again.

There is no fix, as it is a limitation of the base game, albeit one which grows worse as creatures become more complex.

succubus666

Unread post #4 by succubus666 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:33 pm

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

thank you
Last edited by rob55rod on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Held the ENTER key for too long

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”