DI 9r v2 crashing issue

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

DI 9r v2 crashing issue

Unread post by windblade »

well, i honestly dont know, the current beta has at least 2 places i have identified that crash the game

1: paint section, if it doesnt crash when entering paint mode, it does when actually clicking a paint job, and if not, it will certainly do so when exiting paint mode, in that order, being the first the most common way to crash the game

2: being killed, always happen after being killed by an epic and just a few times when being killed by anything else(rogues, or enemy creatures) though starving to death being so slow i think might or might not, havent experienced it yet, it might get up to the egg escen or even up to growing up but it sill crashes, being DEATH the trigger

AGAIN, this latest report is using only the DI r v2 packages on the screenshots and nothing else, also no properties.txt and its linked otions in configmanager.txt

the crashes happen the way they are described, and in that priority order

i tried several ways, having all components i had with the previous DI r version, of course the updated v2 ones, and some extra mods, i already showed (screencap)which ones in the main bug report thread, but in this one i took everythin and only left the DI r V2 components, took the entire properties.txt file (with the hd graphics and the no intro mods), and of course the related entries on the configmanager.txt files, on both core spore data folder and galactic adventures folders

my spore and galactic adventures folders are labeled as,"spore" and "SPORE Galactic Adventures" respectively
both are on the current path(partition) D:Games\Origin Games\

the system language is SPANISH(latin american) and the game's is english

of course, ORIGIN versions, also, all the important patches, bot parts, and C&C parts(not installed in that order) all are isntalled in the "proper, WORKING" order

win10 with its latest update, home edition

here the contents of my spore and Ga data folders
and configmanager.txt and properties.txt (just in case)

thanks for taking a look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by windblade on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: DI 9r B2 crashing issue

Unread post by rob55rod »

Crash 1: Does it still crash under those circumstances if you install all of the category components and the !Layouts component?

Crash 2: From what I've heard, Windows 8.1 and newer sometimes cause that, regardless of mods.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

but since i never experienced those crashes with the previous version, still on win10, i still think it has to do with the Di version not my OS
i will try the layout and all categories, but just to be sure, which components should i intall
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:but since i never experienced those crashes with the previous version, still on win10, i still think it has to do with the Di version not my OS
I never said I was sure, but if 9.r is the cause, I haven't a clue how to fix this.
windblade wrote:i will try the layout and all categories, but just to be sure, which components should i intall

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Re: DI 9r v2 crashing issue

sorry if i didnt reply this week, personal issues
ok, i can make a report for the original issue

first things first, updated windows to a newer version
updated origin 2 times(i dont even think it has anything to do but still telling here just for the sake of comppleteness)

this is what i did, i get into creature stage(ga only), again withouth the preferences txt (on both spore an galactic)
did some things , eating, defeating enemies, recovering health, of course going as far from epics as possible and of course, not dying, SAVE, now, getting into the nest, mating, changing, no problems, THEN, dying to an enemy, dying to an epic, after saving the first time i started noticing there were no crashes, maybe it was a combination of a bad save, and dying or mating triggered the crash

now, second part, got the properties on both games again, sweet graphics(again) and no movie intro when starting the game, didnt change anything
some slow parts ingame, or in editor(from menu screen or creature stage), but no crashes, tried some other settings(no hd textures but better than the standar) no slow moments and no crashes

i can paint, change paint, mix, go to the part editior, then test in view mode etc without a problem, im starting to think is had nothing to do not with the save itself or DIr v2, but the TRANSITION of the save between the old and new versions, and dying-mating could be triggering the crash response, so i suggest as of right now, to do anything but die or mate, for a while, SAVE and then try if it still crashes

today i will be testing tribal, and civilization stage, as well as adventure making

then spage stage and adventure stages

i wanna get those tested with my current configuration before tying any other package

everything else is as i said before as expected, parts, animations, etc, only the crashing bug was a problem

i hope this helps identify the problem or even fix it for people having crash problems(my save method)
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

again, for all the work you put into making this update and acually still having the proyect alive, testing as much as possible, and helping identify any bug, is the least i can do
again now that it doesnt have those problems, im pretty happy with this version
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:sorry if i didnt reply this week, personal issues
It's fine, might even be for the better, given that it meant I didn't have to manage an issue as problematic as this one during Exams :lol:

windblade wrote:ok, i can make a report for the original issue
kgood

windblade wrote:first things first, updated windows to a newer version
"newer version" as in regular Windows Updates and security patches and such, or as in upgrading, for example, from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 or to Windows 10?

windblade wrote:updated origin 2 times(i dont even think it has anything to do but still telling here just for the sake of comppleteness)
I highly doubt that's relevant, but whatever, better to include too much information than too little.

windblade wrote:this is what i did, i get into creature stage(ga only), again withouth the preferences txt (on both spore an galactic)
did some things , eating, defeating enemies, recovering health, of course going as far from epics as possible and of course, not dying, SAVE, now, getting into the nest, mating, changing, no problems, THEN, dying to an enemy, dying to an epic, after saving the first time i started noticing there were no crashes
Alright...did it crash before you saved at all this time?

windblade wrote:maybe it was a combination of a bad save, and dying or mating triggered the crash
Given how rare bad saves are, I'd kinda hope that's the case...

windblade wrote:now, second part, got the properties on both games again, sweet graphics(again) and no movie intro when starting the game, didnt change anything
Alright, good.

windblade wrote:some slow parts ingame, or in editor(from menu screen or creature stage), but no crashes, tried some other settings(no hd textures but better than the standar) no slow moments and no crashes
So really just a bit of lag?

windblade wrote:i can paint, change paint, mix, go to the part editior, then test in view mode etc without a problem
Good...

windblade wrote:im starting to think is had nothing to do not with the save itself or DIr v2, but the TRANSITION of the save between the old and new versions, and dying-mating could be triggering the crash response, so i suggest as of right now, to do anything but die or mate, for a while, SAVE and then try if it still crashes
So hold on, are you suggesting that upgrading from DI 9.r Beta 1.1 to DI 9.r Beta 2.0.6 causes the crashes to occur in existing saves? Or are you suggesting that upgrading from DI 9.r Beta 1.1 to DI 9.r Beta 2.0.6 causes the crashes to occur in bad saves? Or are you just saying it's just a bad save? Wat...?

windblade wrote:today i will be testing tribal, and civilization stage, as well as adventure making
then spage stage and adventure stages
Alright, fingers crossed everything works. Thanks.

windblade wrote:i wanna get those tested with my current configuration before tying any other package
Agreed, as I want every possible configuration to work as well as possible.

windblade wrote:everything else is as i said before as expected, parts, animations, etc, only the crashing bug was a problem
Okay.

windblade wrote:i hope this helps identify the problem or even fix it for people having crash problems(my save method)
Hopefully. If I can get someone else to reproduce the problem and solve it with your solution, then I'll atleast know what the cause is, and hopefully I'll be able to find a solution.

windblade wrote:again, for all the work you put into making this update and acually still having the proyect alive, testing as much as possible, and helping identify any bug, is the least i can do
Reporting bugs like this is really helpful, so thank you too ^-^
windblade wrote:again now that it doesnt have those problems, im pretty happy with this version
Glad to hear that :mrgreen:

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

updating win10, as i have stated before i have been using win10 all this time

upgrading from beta 1.1 to beta 2 might cause a bad save, as you might remember another user has crashes when mating, so it might be an incompatibility issue at some point, but doing lots of things on beta 2, then saving again, trying to avoid dying and mating, for a couple of minutes might help

yeah it was just a bit of lag

again, let me be as clear as possible

beta 1.1 didnt have any problems, i had my creature stage game and saved often, i had that camera issue with that version as i told you A LOT, no crashes at any point, lag actually happened sometimes mind you so THAT might be the graphic preferences, anyway i just gave up because of the cammera issue and left my save intact, then the beta 2 came out, crashes tarted occuring, im thinking somwwhere in there the transition from 1.1 to 2 might have caused the save to become bad...at least for a couple and especific circumstances, and given im not the only one with at least some of those specific instances, it might be upgrading at first, now that i did a lot of things trying to avoid those, it didnt crash, so i saved , then now dying and mating, and in editor, going from and to paint mode, dont trigger a crash anymore

so again, it might be a rare bat transition, again these are called BETA for a reason right? you have to update lots of tings for this one so maybe that was causing a conflic where the changes where the biggest, example the editor camera, the updated paints, and some graphical technicall things? i dont know, so there is where i think the problem was, now that the game full moved to the new one, it doesnt tigger a crash anymore, again, saves, specific circumstances and the transition all combined made it crash(i tested with and without my graphical upgrades so yeah those are not part of the problem)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:updating win10, as i have stated before i have been using win10 all this time
...right. Sorry .-.

windblade wrote:upgrading from beta 1.1 to beta 2 might cause a bad save, as you might remember another user has crashes when mating, so it might be an incompatibility issue at some point, but doing lots of things on beta 2, then saving again, trying to avoid dying and mating, for a couple of minutes might help
Alright, I'll add that to the FAQ as a fix.
windblade wrote:yeah it was just a bit of lag
kgood
windblade wrote:again, let me be as clear as possible

beta 1.1 didnt have any problems, i had my creature stage game and saved often, i had that camera issue with that version as i told you A LOT, no crashes at any point, lag actually happened sometimes mind you so THAT might be the graphic preferences, anyway i just gave up because of the cammera issue and left my save intact, then the beta 2 came out, crashes tarted occuring, im thinking somwwhere in there the transition from 1.1 to 2 might have caused the save to become bad...at least for a couple and especific circumstances, and given im not the only one with at least some of those specific instances, it might be upgrading at first, now that i did a lot of things trying to avoid those, it didnt crash, so i saved , then now dying and mating, and in editor, going from and to paint mode, dont trigger a crash anymore

so again, it might be a rare bat transition, again these are called BETA for a reason right? you have to update lots of tings for this one so maybe that was causing a conflic where the changes where the biggest, example the editor camera, the updated paints, and some graphical technicall things? i dont know, so there is where i think the problem was, now that the game full moved to the new one, it doesnt tigger a crash anymore, again, saves, specific circumstances and the transition all combined made it crash(i tested with and without my graphical upgrades so yeah those are not part of the problem)
I...guess so, although tbh I'm still utterly at a loss as to what did it, specifically...

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

will take my time with the next tests though i dont wanna rush everything and get no infromation at all
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:will take my time with the next tests though i dont wanna rush everything and get no infromation at all
Good call.

Xailliax
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Xailliax »

What about when you try placing a modded part does it crash? because mine does
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

rob55rod wrote:
windblade wrote:but since i never experienced those crashes with the previous version, still on win10, i still think it has to do with the Di version not my OS
I never said I was sure, but if 9.r is the cause, I haven't a clue how to fix this.
windblade wrote:i will try the layout and all categories, but just to be sure, which components should i intall

completely off topic but can i has that that file manager look thing
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Image
Assuming you mean the visual style, not yet. It's nowhere near being finished. In the meantime though, here's this, I guess: Image

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

rob55rod wrote:
Flames Kid wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Image
Assuming you mean the visual style, not yet. It's nowhere near being finished. In the meantime though, here's this, I guess: Image
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o whens the first download available?
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”