DI 9r v2 crashing issue

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Zodiac: Virgo

DI 9r v2 crashing issue

Unread post #1 by windblade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:57 am

well, i honestly dont know, the current beta has at least 2 places i have identified that crash the game

1: paint section, if it doesnt crash when entering paint mode, it does when actually clicking a paint job, and if not, it will certainly do so when exiting paint mode, in that order, being the first the most common way to crash the game

2: being killed, always happen after being killed by an epic and just a few times when being killed by anything else(rogues, or enemy creatures) though starving to death being so slow i think might or might not, havent experienced it yet, it might get up to the egg escen or even up to growing up but it sill crashes, being DEATH the trigger

AGAIN, this latest report is using only the DI r v2 packages on the screenshots and nothing else, also no properties.txt and its linked otions in configmanager.txt

the crashes happen the way they are described, and in that priority order

i tried several ways, having all components i had with the previous DI r version, of course the updated v2 ones, and some extra mods, i already showed (screencap)which ones in the main bug report thread, but in this one i took everythin and only left the DI r V2 components, took the entire properties.txt file (with the hd graphics and the no intro mods), and of course the related entries on the configmanager.txt files, on both core spore data folder and galactic adventures folders

my spore and galactic adventures folders are labeled as,"spore" and "SPORE Galactic Adventures" respectively
both are on the current path(partition) D:Games\Origin Games\

the system language is SPANISH(latin american) and the game's is english

of course, ORIGIN versions, also, all the important patches, bot parts, and C&C parts(not installed in that order) all are isntalled in the "proper, WORKING" order

win10 with its latest update, home edition

here the contents of my spore and Ga data folders
and configmanager.txt and properties.txt (just in case)

thanks for taking a look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by windblade on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Re: DI 9r B2 crashing issue

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Crash 1: Does it still crash under those circumstances if you install all of the category components and the !Layouts component?

Crash 2: From what I've heard, Windows 8.1 and newer sometimes cause that, regardless of mods.

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Zodiac: Virgo

Unread post #3 by windblade » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:14 pm

but since i never experienced those crashes with the previous version, still on win10, i still think it has to do with the Di version not my OS
i will try the layout and all categories, but just to be sure, which components should i intall

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:55 am

windblade wrote:but since i never experienced those crashes with the previous version, still on win10, i still think it has to do with the Di version not my OS

I never said I was sure, but if 9.r is the cause, I haven't a clue how to fix this.

windblade wrote:i will try the layout and all categories, but just to be sure, which components should i intall

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”