Creature model under floor in editor with editor_LC.package

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
Recruit

Recruit

werewolfwrath

Creature model under floor in editor with editor_LC.package

Unread post #1 by werewolfwrath » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:15 am

Something I found by accident last night while messing with my creatures spine. If the editor_LC.package (the infinite complexity one) is enabled, then it becomes possible to drag your creature under the floor of the editor (though hands and feet cannot) and the creature will move under the ground both in test drvive and ingame. (moves normally if any part of the torso/spine sticks out above ground, if completely submerged it will pop back into where it should be above ground till you stop moving then sink again) Fortunately, you can still highlight/drag your creature if its under the floor so its not inaccessible, I'm just reporting it as I doubt it was an intended thing since it doesn't do this without it enabled.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Re: Creature model under floor in editor with editor_LC.package

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 pm

That's not a bug, that's a feature :lol:

Recruit

Recruit

werewolfwrath

Unread post #3 by werewolfwrath » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Oh, well an unexpected feature, but ill make use of it somehow :)

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:22 pm

werewolfwrath wrote:Oh, well an unexpected feature, but ill make use of it somehow :)

Okay now you've got me curious :lol:

Recruit

Recruit

werewolfwrath

Unread post #5 by werewolfwrath » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Yeah. I was thinking things like landsharks or tentacles/vines coming out of the ground (rather than atop it)I'll just have to learn the ins and outs of it to figure out what works and what doesn't. The only real downsides I see are that the sporepedia cards will look weird since it views them as above ground, and that if the creature doesn't have limbs, it resets to being above ground if you go back to edit it.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #6 by rob55rod » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 pm

werewolfwrath wrote:Yeah. I was thinking things like landsharks or tentacles/vines coming out of the ground (rather than atop it)I'll just have to learn the ins and outs of it to figure out what works and what doesn't. The only real downsides I see are that the sporepedia cards will look weird since it views them as above ground, and that if the creature doesn't have limbs, it resets to being above ground if you go back to edit it.

Yeah well PNGs are already a mess with Invisible Limbs...not much that can be done to fix that :lol:

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”