Abilities not really working right?

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
xkrxDragoon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Abilities not really working right?

Unread post by xkrxDragoon »

Alright so, it seems like allot of these added abilities arent working how they should? Im wondering if its something with my install.
For example, the abilities which replace charge and bite (like hot head and the fire charge) some do nothing, some just do regular strike and bite moves. Also (this again, may be what its supposed to be like) but my ability pages are kind of scattered and such? like page one is empty, page 2 only has plasma column and lightning ball, and page 3 seems to be missing some things. Please help :(?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Abilities not really working right?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Please report all Dark Injection 9.r bugs in the Dark Injection 9.r Bug Reports subforum. I have moved !his thread for you.

On the flipside, thanks for reporting the issue at all. I kinda forgot how finnicky the pre-9.r abilities are :lol:

The peculiar part placement on page 2 is intentional, as is the emptiness of page 1. The reason is that those pages are for Darkspore abilities, and I have a very specific organization for them, but most of them haven't been ported yet :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GucciPoochie
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GucciPoochie »

I've also noticed that the entire top row of charge abilities are normal creature stage charges. I think these abilities are concepts right now are just place holders for when they actually are made. As for the others, toxic barf is incredibly broken for a number of reason and needs to be fixed. While some of the other abilities require the player to not move for a few seconds after they use the ability otherwise it will be canceled, even when you already used energy. Another minor problem is that abilities that immobilize enemies by forcing an animation on them such as Electro Missile are interrupted if the player attacks them again.
Spore user name is SapphireFlame.
werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

Unread post by werewolfwrath »

To add to this thread rather than make a new one (as GucciPoochie already mentioned part of what I was wanted to) your abilities that replace spit (even the new darkspore ones), NPC creatures will use regular spit in addition to the custom ability, essentially giving them an unintended buff over the player.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”