encountered bugs

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

encountered bugs

Unread post by windblade »

NOTE: organized to be easier to understand)

ok, first i instaled these packs
coresporepartcopies
creaturecategorycorepages
creaturecategorypaints
creaturecategoryutilityparts
creepyandcute
textdarkspore
and obviously
zzfoundationlc
of course i added "z" to arenasrdx9 and arenastextures and placed those two in core spore data folder
yet i still get the following errors

1: opening the creature creator opens the regular window, WITH all the cell parts over the entire screen, i can select any but cant place them, i can still click the icons on the bottom bar or change the part tab,but aside the already reported missing icons, the tabs are offset by an entire icon, example i click on mouths and nothing happens, then click on eyes(senses) and i go to mouths and so on except the details one which is correctly placed but followed by a blank icon that would be where weapons go
clicking on the last tab inmediately crashes spore
inside each tab there are all the pages but the "bot" icon to go directly to...bot parts is missing and of course clicking close to where it should be doesn't do anything
also, the bot parts icon is missing from all the tabs, even if one can access it changing the page
still missing the "cell parts" tab, and they only appear at the beginning
taking out the "copy" packs(core and cute-creepy) fixes the cell parts thing but they still do not have a dedicated tab
i know there is a package for the other editor parts but this still applies as it has to do with the tabs whit and without the two packages to add the copy parts in darkspore colors
without the "copy" packages, the last tab doesnt crash the game

some darkspore pieces get tinted depending on the overall color on the body OVER their already existing default colors(red, green, blue, purple, you know, darkspore)
also after the ea maxis animation at the start it only says "dark injection galactic adventures" missing the huge spore logo that should be in there
also, sometimes after starting the game, it doesnt login no matter what until the next restart
everything else remains as i said
textureless parts are coll and all but, they are a bit disorganized
there are at leats 6 graspers in the SOUNDS tab
the detail "mouths" and "detail limbs" should be optional since not everyone uses them or wants them(like me)
also, why the new backgrounds in editors have the limitless complexity? why dont you just make it a separate optional package
also, while i like having some freedom in y creations i feel like "limitless" is cheating, why not 1.5 complexity? or twice as much complexity, just to have some freedom without actually cheating?
of course i want cell parts but not any of the outfits, again, feels like cheating
Last edited by windblade on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: some bugs

Unread post by rob55rod »

Please only post one bug per thread in the future.

I'll address this post properly tomorrow.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Re: some bugs

-_-
i saved the rest of the bugs to a textfile, will be posting each other tomorrow then
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: incorrect tabs

windblade wrote:ok, first i instaled these packs
coresporepartcopies
creaturecategorycorepages
creaturecategorypaints
creaturecategoryutilityparts
creepyandcute
textdarkspore
and obviously
zzfoundationlc
of course i added "z" to arenasrdx9 and arenastextures and placed those two in core spore data folder
Good

windblade wrote:1: opening the creature creator opens the regular window, WITH all the cell parts over the entire screen, i can select any but cant place them, i can still click the icons on the bottom bar or change the part tab,but aside the already reported missing icons, the tabs are offset by an entire icon, example i click on mouths and nothing happens, then click on eyes(senses) and i go to mouths and so on except the details one which is correctly placed but followed by a blank icon that would be where weapons go, clicking on the last tab inmediately crashes spore
That seems to happen if you install the "Core Spore Part Copies" component without also installing the "Core Categories" component for some reason. It's a known bug, but I'm still trying to figure out why it happens.
windblade wrote:inside each tab there are all the pages but the "bot" icon to go directly to...bot parts is missing and of course clicking close to where it should be doesn't do anything
Odd. The icon was present before you installed the mod but no longer is?
windblade wrote:some darkspore pieces get tinted depending on the overall color on the body OVER their already existing default colors(red, green, blue, purple, you know, darkspore)
What do you mean? Can I get a screenshot of that?

windblade wrote:still missing the "cell parts" tab, and they only appear at the beginning
Again, just install the "Core Categories" component.
windblade wrote:also after the ea maxis animation at the start it only says "dark injection galactic adventures" missing the huge spore logo that should be in there
That's not a bug.
windblade wrote:also, sometimes after starting the game, it doesnt login no matter what until the next restart
That's not DI, that's just Spore these days.
windblade wrote:taking out the "copy" packs(core and cute-creepy) fixes the cell parts thing but they still do not have a dedicated tab
Once again, just install the "Core Categories" component :lol:
windblade wrote:also, the bot parts icon is missing from all the tabs, even if one can access it changing the page
But it was present before?
windblade wrote:textureless parts are coll and all but, they are a bit disorganized
windblade wrote:there are at leats 6 graspers in the SOUNDS tab
Yeah, I keep forgetting to move those "fists"... :lol:
windblade wrote:the detail "mouths" and "detail limbs" should be optional since not everyone uses them or wants them(like me)
They are optional.
windblade wrote:also, why the new backgrounds in editors have the limitless complexity? why dont you just make it a separate optional package
Actually, I did, for Beta 2. I had planned to make Infinite Complexity optional again from the start, I just forgot to do so before Beta 2.
windblade wrote:also, while i like having some freedom in y creations i feel like "limitless" is cheating, why not 1.5 complexity? or twice as much complexity, just to have some freedom without actually cheating?
Uh...I guess I could do that. More of a suggestion than a bug report, but whatever.
windblade wrote:without the "copy" packages, the last tab doesnt crash the game
Oh, you did see that fix?
windblade wrote:of course i want cell parts but not any of the outfits, again, feels like cheating
Really? Alright, sure. Maybe outfitter parts are more of an offense than I thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also if you're wondering how I got this whole message back after you removed most of it, I just forgot to close the tab last night so it was still there this morning :lol:
(I said in future :lol: )

In any case, a fairly thorough, if somewhat disorganized, report. Thank you.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

actually after copying the rest of the bugs i organized things a bit XD

bot parts button was indeed present before, just not in the latest(beta) version

my spore ga never had the unable to login problem before, not even with the stable release of DI, , sometimes it logs off but i can login back again, also it only occured 3 times with DI beta but still worth noting

will take screenshots in a moment for the tinted bug

the detail parts are optional?

going to try the core categories

also forgot that the core parts copy doesnt have a "darkspore tint" for some reason give me a moment and i will take some screenshots
(the creppy and cute ones do have the respective tint, those work as intended)

i'll be testing different combinations of packs to see which ones work best with me and of course give some feedback

what i mean with they outfit is they should be optional but separated from the cell parts
they do add some interesting details but then there are some(mybe 40%?) of us that still play the game so havingthem as details then kinda defeats the purpose for the ones used ingame, but they are not offensive
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

ok i manages to get it to capture ui an things, so i will be uploading a lot of screenshots...ok maybe not that many
the selected part isnt showing in the screenshots but the others are, the point is, the colors of the icons before selecting a part doesnt reflect the actual color, it happens as you can see with most the cell parts in the firts page, in the second page they are correctly displayed except...some of the omnivore mouths, in editor, the parts use their respective colors
also you can already see 2 darkspore mouths that are supposed to be the same base color but but the lower ones get tinted, actually only the "red(the last 3 mouths?" ones get tinted except the one in the sceenshot that doesnt change

all except 3 of the eyes show their respective "darkspore" colors(bulbous eye, comic eye, and hominid ear)
aside the already known missing icon bug, some just doesnt have the proper icons or hovering over them show them in a weird way
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

the details limbs and mouths arent optional at all, the must come with some of the accesory or copy parts as well as the textureless parts(though those are pretty cool to have acually

as you can see in these screenshots
the civilization and masks have their respective colors in editor but not in the selection menu
also the "graspers" in the music section as i said befor
also in all of the previous screenshots none have the BOT icon,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by windblade on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

hope all of these screenshots help
i included an screenshot with the packages im using

also one question
why the "standar" hands and feet are with the other parts instead of the same place as the original ones(example the feet that all the creepy limbs have?) nice to see them added but they make more sense with the other parts intead, why i ask this? because the bot parts share a place with the new bot parts, so you can ADD the pieces

still no bot button
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

new problem, the camera in the editor while playing creature stage is awful
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

sorry, i just noticed that i was using th version 1 instead of 1.1 -_- but honestly the way it is organized confused me, ok i will test the latest version and check if any of the bugs remain in that version
im really sorry -_-

UPDATE: the good news is it has the same problems as the v1, the bad news is it has the same problems as the v1
so at least i dont have to change anything on this post

also, one note i dont know if it is know but the new parts do unlock while playing in creature stage

again, core categories shouldnt enable the outfit parts, or the darkspore weapons by default, and they should be only optional, also darkspore weapons should be only available in captain outfiter by default
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:sorry, i just noticed that i was using th version 1 instead of 1.1 -_- but honestly the way it is organized confused me, ok i will test the latest version and check if any of the bugs remain in that version
im really sorry -_-
Just don't make that mistake again, k? :lol:

windblade wrote:UPDATE: the good news is it has the same problems as the v1, the bad news is it has the same problems as the v1
so at least i dont have to change anything on this post
Mmmkthen

windblade wrote:also, one note i dont know if it is know but the new parts do unlock while playing in creature stage
Yes, but only the ones from the "CorePages" component.

windblade wrote:again, core categories shouldnt enable the outfit parts
Alright, I'll split that component.
windblade wrote:or the darkspore weapons by default
I'm sorry sir, but those already have their own component: Weapons :lol:
windblade wrote:they should be only optional
They are optional. All the categories are.
windblade wrote:also darkspore weapons should be only available in captain outfiter by default
hahahahaha no

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Re: encountered bugs

actually darkspore parts and copy parts do unlock in creature stage

the optional categories appear when installing the core categories and it is mandatory to install that package because of the cell parts bug i mentioned before, and the crash after clicking the last tab, so...yeah, not optional at all, thats why im so insistent about that

the weapons have their own package, yes, but they appear even if it isnt "installed"

im trying to be as especific as i can because i really really want this to be perfect,
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:actually darkspore parts and copy parts do unlock in creature stage
That's my point. Only those unlock.
windblade wrote:the optional categories appear when installing the core categories and it is mandatory to install that package because of the cell parts bug i mentioned before, and the crash after clicking the last tab,
Okay, we've been over that.
windblade wrote:so...yeah, not optional at all, thats why im so insistent about that
They are completely optional. It's just that the ability to disable them is broken .-.
windblade wrote:the weapons have their own package, yes, but they appear even if it isnt "installed"
Oh? That hasn't been my experience. Which components did you have installed when you noticed that happening?
windblade wrote:im trying to be as especific as i can because i really really want this to be perfect
I greatly appreciate that.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

mmm i dont know anymore i installed and unninstalled the weapons package and now they are effectively gone as well as the outfit parts
also only some abilities are available
captain outfit/pieces still remain available

well i can work with that but i dont know is why it happens

woah this betas are weird
also of the mouths only the very first one gets a darkspore tint with the copy parts
none of the others

also an screenshot of the camera in creature stage, only happens in-game

mmm maybe, dissablying the parts/outfits/etc works after loading them because as i said, i tried without them with and then without those and now they are effectively gone, hope that info helps to figure that out, sorry if i can be somewhat insistent sometimes with some things
but i really do apreciate that you at least check my reports...also thats what bug reports are for XD
Last edited by windblade on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:the ones in the screenshot i took of the packages i have installed?
Oh, you mean the one where the weapons component is installed? Because that would fully explain why the weapons categories were displaying :lol:

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

edit, also, i forgot to mention, im using the origin version, of course using the proper installation order(dont remember the order but i know i followed it because i have spore, cute and creepy, galactic adventures, assymetry patch, and bot parts patch and of course working animations in galactic adventures)

also beta 1.1 has again unlimited complexity -_-
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

ok after a couple of days i realized the game crashes way more frequently with the v1.1, smething that only happened twice with the v1 and twice with ga without dark injection
also some props in adventures while they do show properly in the adventure itself their icons and 3d models are missing in the menus

everything else remains the same as i have stated before
sorry if i can be somehow annoying, but im trying to test this as much as i can to help
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:ok after a couple of days i realized the game crashes way more frequently with the v1.1, smething that only happened twice with the v1 and twice with ga without dark injection
also some props in adventures while they do show properly in the adventure itself their icons and 3d models are missing in the menus

everything else remains the same as i have stated before
sorry if i can be somehow annoying, but im trying to test this as much as i can to help
It's fine. And yeah, I know some of the Adventure Props are kinda broken and don't display properly or crash the game in 1.1, that's been taken care of twice over in newer versions :lol:

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

i want the newer version already to be honest
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:i want the newer version already to be honest
Don't worry, I'm working on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”