Darkspore paints problem

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
DarkMagickan
Creature
Creature

Darkspore paints problem

Unread post by DarkMagickan »

So I know you're aware of some of the problems with the Darkspore imported paints, but I just ran across a new problem:

The paint retains the first texture you added, even when you change it.

If a toy from Toy Story died, the kids wouldn't know, and the other toys would have to watch them play with the corpse.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Darkspore paints problem

Unread post by rob55rod »

That only happens for paints which don't have (working) effects yet, which is basically a fancy way of saying paints that do that are NYI. It would be helpful if you could provide images of the paints which do that (the icons, not the way they appear on the actual creature)

EDIT: Also they may only work on the highest graphics settings - IIRC I forgot to copy the particles to the medium and low folders.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
marrow30
Cell
Cell

Unread post by marrow30 »

Yeah, the magma pieces have no magma. That's a bit uneventful!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

marrow30 wrote:Yeah, the magma pieces have no magma. That's a bit uneventful!
Spore doesn't support that effect... :/

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

I agree that the no-magma-texture sucks, but I deal with it by giving my creatures a magma-like texture (lots of bright orange and yellow works! on a base of ashy black, it's very convincing) Also, I think I know what OP is speaking of and I'll send screencaps when I'm home.
I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sigurvegari wrote:I think I know what OP is speaking of and I'll send screencaps when I'm home.
No need, I've already identified the issue...now I just need to find the particles and port them over. Generally the new Skinpaints need a lot of cleanup... ._.

EDIT: Reduced quoted portion of previous post to clarify meaning

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

Oh! That's good. I'm gonna make so many magma-textured things...
I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”