I cannot type a name into my creature (cannot save), nor can I enter adventure mode in Space Stage

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
tanmaike
Hatchling
Hatchling

I cannot type a name into my creature (cannot save), nor can I enter adventure mode in Space Stage

Unread post by tanmaike »

So it started happening a few nights ago, where my game crashed on a newly made planet where, on trying to enter an adventure or trying to see Captain gear unlocks, the game crashes. I tried this a few times, just crashed. I tried to progress further, but ended up crashing when trying to access adventures. I deleted the save and start anew few times, but to no avail.
Then I moved onto the Create Creature in the Space Stage tools, but after quickly making a crude herbivore, I couldn't type in a name, nor randomize it. I could still save, but the creature did not appear in Sporepedia. This also applied to the normal create creature as well, so you can imagine my frustration.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, but I did not erase any of the game data from my files (saves and what not are why I didn't).
I currently use the :ga: game on Steam, with :di: :ex: :cc: :fs: installed as well.
Please help!
Thanks, tan

KittyKat5090
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: I cannot type a name into my creature (cannot save), nor can I enter adventure mode in Space Stage

Unread post by KittyKat5090 »

I've been having this issue too. I downloaded Galactic Adventures for Steam a few days ago, and I got Dark Injection and the ModAPI Launcher Kit on the same day, although I deleted them after finding out I couldn't play Adventures or go into the Captain's Log in a world on the Space Stage. Deleting them didn't resolve this problem. I have considered uninstalling and reinstalling Spore and GA, but I don't know how to back up the game data.

Here's what happening specifically:
The game, without warning, closes itself when trying to go into the Captain's Log.
Upon entering a planet to do an Adventure, the game closes itself.
The game repeatedly asks me to enter my Captain's name upon leaving certain menus or entering the save.
When making creatures, buildings, or vehicles, I can't enter a name without saving it first and going back into the creator to add its name. The random name button doesn't appear either.
When I press the undo or redo button, whatever I put in as the Captain's name the last time I was prompted to do so suddenly appears in place of "Name your Creation", but the name remains blank when it's saved. (For example, if I enter a Space Stage save, enter "Iglis" in the name prompt, save and exit, then go and make a creature and hit "undo" at some point, "Iglis" appears in place of the "Name your Creature", but the creature still doesn't have a name.)

None of the mods I already had installed affected the game before downloading GA, so I'm worried that GA itself is causing the problem, and not a lack of space, but regardless, I also need help.
Thank you all very much,
Kat
(If you want to talk to me and I'm not online here, DM me on Discord @Kat#2619)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: I cannot type a name into my creature (cannot save), nor can I enter adventure mode in Space Stage

Unread post by rob55rod »

How exactly are you opening Spore?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tanmaike
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:How exactly are you opening Spore?
I usually just drag the :ga: game launcher on top of the Spore API Mod Launcher, since mods are installed.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

tanmaike wrote: I usually just drag the :ga: game launcher on top of the Spore API Mod Launcher, since mods are installed.
That's not how you're ment to use the ModAPI. Just launch the ModAPI like any other program and it'll launch GA automatically.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
tanmaike
Hatchling
Hatchling

VanillaCold wrote:
tanmaike wrote: I usually just drag the :ga: game launcher on top of the Spore API Mod Launcher, since mods are installed.
That's not how you're ment to use the ModAPI. Just launch the ModAPI like any other program and it'll launch GA automatically.
I tried that as well, same result.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

tanmaike wrote: I tried that as well, same result.
Okay, let's try something else.
Try removing all mods which change Spore's editors. (e.g Bacterioid or my Hut Editor POC.)
There could be a conflict between mods causing this issue.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
evilwitch
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by evilwitch »

+1 to this bug! I've been opening Spore through the ModAPI Launcher and everything worked fine, but on one specific file I can't name my captain (shows up as UNKNOWN on the timeline) and opening the Captain's Log immediately crashes everything. Tried going into Vat Tego but had the same results.
I tried removing all mods but DI and it persisted. When I had this issue before, I uninstalled every mod (including DI) and named my captain on vanilla GA and that fixed the problem. But that didn't work with this file.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”