Invisible Dark Injection parts

Everything related to Dark Injection, a mod for Spore: Galactic Adventures which aims to extend the capabilities of Spore's editors and preserve Darkspore within Spore to the fullest extent possible.
Forum rules
Please be respectful and keep discussion at least loosely related to Darkspore and Dark Injection. If you are using the Dark Injection 9.r beta, we expect you to actually report any bugs you find, and to provide feedback whenever necessary.
CrazyMalk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Invisible Dark Injection parts

Unread post by CrazyMalk »

Hello! So, I'm having a problem. Some of the mouths, limbs and details added by Dark Injection are invisible when I move them to the character. I mean, I can see how them in the menu, but when i move them to my character, they get invisible. I'm using the latest Dark Injection version, and got my game trough steam. The order in wich installed everything:

1- Installs core Spore.
2- Installs Creepy & Cute.
3- Installs Galactic Adventures.
4- Try to install the 1.5.1 patch, but the installer tells me I already have the latest version.
5- Download the Bot Parts Pack, extract it and move the .package archive to "DataEP1" inside the spore directory (Again, i'm using Steam).
6- Open the Dark Injection .sporemod archive with Spore ModAPI Launcher.
7- Maintain the core background and UI, and enable everything except for the new sound, new text and True Invisible Limbs options.
8- After the installation finishes, i execute Spore Galactic Adventures trough steam, and proceed to create a creature to test the mod out.
9- As I said before, some parts are invisible. Mainly, some of the Purple/Green/Blue/Etc parts. I can put them on my creature, the abilities that part gives appear, I can test them, but I cannot see the part itself.

Am i doing something wrong? Ps: Until when i install the Bot Parts pack, everything works ok if i open the game. The problem only happens with some of the Dark Injection parts, even including some of the weapons (lances, etc). Can anyone help me?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Invisible Dark Injection parts

Unread post by rob55rod »

Can you please provide screenshots of your Core Spore and Galactic Adventures Data folders? (Data and DataEP1 respectively)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
CrazyMalk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Normal data folder:

Expansion data folder:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Alright, that explains it. Seems the Installer was unsuccessful in locating your Core Spore Data folder...perhaps To fix this, just go to the Dark Injection download page, grab the zArenas packages, and manually copy them to your Core Spore Data folder (in your case, this would be Data, not DataEP1). Let me know how that works out.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
CrazyMalk
Hatchling
Hatchling

Oh, thanks! I cannot believe it was that simple! Works perfectly now, thanks!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CrazyMalk wrote:Oh, thanks! I cannot believe it was that simple! Works perfectly now, thanks!
Np. The installer is supposed to do that for you, but...I guess I messed something up...

...you wouldn't happen to have previously had a different version of Spore installed, would you? Perhaps from a different source, such as a Disk or Origin?

Sporemanic
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Sporemanic »

So, most of my parts are invisible too and the ZArenas folder is in the correct spot. And sometimes if I even click some of the invisible parts, I crash.
Fanatickoala18
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Fanatickoala18 »

Yea im having the same problem but I can't find the zArenas folder anywhere
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dark Injection”