Add new skinpaints for creature editor if possible, please?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Smile Dog
Cell
Cell

Add new skinpaints for creature editor if possible, please?

Unread post by Smile Dog »

I know Dark Injection adds skinpaints, but I don't need everything else that comes with that. I think SporeModder can let you make new skinpaints. I would like at least 3 or 4 skinpaints, in any section(s). I'm really looking for different patterns, not colors.
Spoiler
Such as one of the example pictures from the SporeModder page:
So that's all I'm really looking for. New skinpaints, and possibly preview the skinpaints before you try them on, as in DI.
I'm sure everyone else would appreciate new skinpaints, too. :P

And before anyone says, "There's already a bunch of mods for that, bla bla bla, oh you can use DI for more skinpaints! Why don't you mod it yourself?" long story short, I found barely any decent working mods for skinpaints (no offense) and I don't need everything that comes with DI. I have absolutely no knowledge of how to mod in skinpaints, or any modding at all. Sorry if I sound hostile. :P

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Add new skinpaints for creature editor if possible, please?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Is this some kind of sick joke?
Smile Dog wrote:I know Dark Injection adds skinpaints, but I don't need everything else that comes with that.
Just turn "everything else" off. I've spent months of my time making sure that you can turn off any and/or all of Dark Injection's features, specifically to address problems exactly like this one.

Are you honestly telling me that a few CheckBoxes to untick is still too much "everything else" for your liking, or is there another problem here?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Smile Dog
Cell
Cell

I meant the.. sigh.. Not.. that.. I meant the.. why is everything so hard to explain? I meant to say the other one by.. Davo..? I think..? the one that doesn't give those options, not the DI 9r, because that doesn't work for me, uh, the um.. Sorry. I'm kind of.. idiotic today. Yeah, so basically what I was trying to say-what I meant was the DI that was not by you, but if I remember correctly, it was by Davo, and it was regarded as not recommended, but I- (insert facepalm here) I think I'll try the newest version of DI 9r, since it says, and I quote, "Fixed game failure to start."

Sorry if I sound stupid, which I am -.-
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Smile Dog wrote:I meant the.. sigh.. Not.. that.. I meant the.. why is everything so hard to explain? I meant to say the other one by.. Davo..? I think..? the one that doesn't give those options, not the DI 9r, because that doesn't work for me, uh, the um.. Sorry. I'm kind of.. idiotic today. Yeah, so basically what I was trying to say-what I meant was the DI that was not by you, but if I remember correctly, it was by Davo, and it was regarded as not recommended, but I- (insert facepalm here) I think I'll try the newest version of DI 9r, since it says, and I quote, "Fixed game failure to start."

Sorry if I sound stupid, which I am -.-
Uh...Davo's last update, DI 9, isn't being distributed anymore. Hasn't been since 2016. It also didn't include any new skinpaints, only a few recycled from the cell and flora editors, while DI 9.r also includes a series of them ported over from Darkspore.

Smile Dog wrote:not the DI 9r, because that doesn't work for me
Don't you think it would have made more sense to post about that, rather than trying to ignore the elephant in the room?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Smile Dog
Cell
Cell

:/ Huh. Never thought about that, sorry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”