Captain Edit

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Recruit

Recruit

HermanSlug

Captain Edit

Unread postby HermanSlug » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 am

So I'm really needing to edit my captain's creature parts (made my species complex up to the hard cap and didn't think about outfits and weapons, oops! :oops:)and I'm sure it's something that others would also find handy. I found this old thread, the mod in here gets you so close but after saving the creature, the game crashes, meaning it doesn't save the changes to the captain. http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5930 Wondering if someone could make a new version or fix this old one!

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

VanillaCold

Edit anything glitch

Unread postby VanillaCold » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:04 am

Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.
Creator of Solar Spore, Adventure Water and Spaceplanes.

My main account broke a while ago, so I created this alt.

Private

Private

Marduk

Re: Edit anything glitch

Unread postby Marduk » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:30 pm

VanillaCold wrote:Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.

Uh.. yeah... i dont know how to do it, i'm having the exact same trouble with this captain editor, it crashes when saving, but i dont get how to do the things you are saying, srry, English is not my mother tongue... Could u explain it with photos or in Spanish..? please?
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?

Corporal

Corporal

paranoid_modder

Unread postby paranoid_modder » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am

Marduk wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:Go into the adventure editor, select the Sporepedia, switch to the Creatures tab and select your Captain. There should be two buttons: Edit and outfit. Click on the edit button to go into the creature editor with your captain.

Uh.. yeah... i dont know how to do it, i'm having the exact same trouble with this captain editor, it crashes when saving, but i dont get how to do the things you are saying, srry, English is not my mother tongue... Could u explain it with photos or in Spanish..? please?

i made a video on the process a bit ago. maybe this will help

Private

Private

Marduk

Unread postby Marduk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:22 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:
Marduk wrote:

i made a video on the process a bit ago. maybe this will help

Yeah..! that's what i've been looking for, thank you alot dude! :,D
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?

Recruit

Recruit

Zippaheadz

Re: Captain Edit

Unread postby Zippaheadz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:42 pm

I can't get it to work, did dark injection somehow fix the bug? Or are any of my fellow dark injection users getting it to work?
Love, Satan~

Ps. Hell isn't as bad as it seems, you should come and see for yourself! (^○^)

Recruit

Recruit

HermanSlug

Unread postby HermanSlug » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm hoping to be able to edit my captain in space stage.

Corporal

Corporal

paranoid_modder

Unread postby paranoid_modder » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:35 am

HermanSlug wrote:I'm hoping to be able to edit my captain in space stage.

This does not work on captains, unfortunatly.

Recruit

Recruit

HermanSlug

Unread postby HermanSlug » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:53 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:This does not work on captains, unfortunatly.

Would it be impossible to mod a captain creature parts editor?

Recruit

Recruit

HermanSlug

Unread postby HermanSlug » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:53 pm

dupe post

Recruit

Recruit

HermanSlug

Unread postby HermanSlug » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:45 am

Failing that, is there any way to extend the hard cap in a way that would let me add outfit parts?

Return to “Mod Request”