Species shuffler tool for wanderer?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Skeith
Hatchling
Hatchling

Species shuffler tool for wanderer?

Unread post by Skeith »

So I assume most of you are aware that the wanderer archetype in space stage (Acquired by immediately starting space stage) was supposed to have a species shuffler that would change ALL creatures on a planet to a different creature. I'm not sure how possible it is, but I had a few ideas on how to make this work (At least partially!)

-Would it be possible to copy the species eradicator, and change it to instead of removing the entire species to picking out a random creature from sporepedia and replacing the original creature with the new one?
-Otherwise, maybe a tool that places down a random creature picked out from the sporepedia? Then combine it with the species eradicator into one tool or just leave them as two seperate tools!

This would particularly be nice for the strange habit of your home planet housing your own race as a wild animal, alongside making terraforming a lot easier by not having to go everywhere to pick up a variety of creatures or having to make new creatures on the spot!

I'm not a modder by any means, and I fully respect those that do know the craft So hopefully my ideas might work, and if not maybe in the future they'll work!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”