Tools to make adventure creation easier and faster

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

eme12

Tools to make adventure creation easier and faster

Unread postby eme12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:01 pm

I think Spore desperately needs something similar to WorldEdit for Minecraft.

Making big and detailed adventures just takes a really long time.

I think it'd be insanely helpful if a mod that could speed this up was made.

I was thinking that it could reuse the selection box from the Tribal and Civ. stages, which is traditionally used for selecting multiple units at once. The adventure editor version would be able to select multiple creatures, buildings, vehicles, effects, etc. You can use this to rotate multiple props at once, move multiple props at once, delete multiple props, etc.

I think the most useful thing this selection box could be used for is copying -- if you were to click ALT while having multiple props selected, you'd be able to copy and paste multiple props at once. This could be used to really speed up the adventure making process.

This would just be the beginning. There could be other features that could be added, like the ability to filter what kinds of props your selection box will select.

Return to “Mod Request”