Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
NathanielRD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Unread post by NathanielRD »

So I am new here, some of you may know me from the Sporum, I am not here to introduce myself, I just have an idea for a mod.

So I was just thinking, a lot of people called the earlier version of the creature stage "more realistic" because of the wandering hoppers that would roam around the planet. And I heard that this type of AI was never really removed, and still exists in things like rogues, migrating creatures, and epics. I feel like if we can just put that AI into like groups of creature that are just big enough to extinct/ally, then that would make the creature stage a whole lot more realistic.

I mean, then there comes the issue of eggs, and I have a few ideas for it. One is that you can simply remove them and have them spawn off-screen at a certain distance. Another idea is that they lay the egg on the ground and surround it until it hatches. A slight variation of this is that they hatch the egg on the ground and just leave it there, kind of like the the cell stage. The last one is kind of similar to the second one, you can have them set up a small temporary nest (You can use the animation from the migration scene) and have them guard the nest until the egg hatches.

I have more ideas for a more realistic creature stage but this is just really my first big one.

Disgustedorite
Creature
Creature

Re: Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Unread post by Disgustedorite »

I like the idea. Leaving eggs behind would also allow for multiple packs to form--which would mean more would have to be killed to drive them to extinction, but heck, deer didn't go extinct when wolves killed a lot more than three of them, so it would probably present more realistic food resources for carnivores.
Are you an artist? Do you like Spore, especially its evolutionary mechanics? Join Sagan 4: https://sagan4.org/
VanillaCold57
Cell
Cell

Unread post by VanillaCold57 »

I like the idea too.
I will try to make it as soon as possible.
NathanielRD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by NathanielRD »

You could also use the early gameplay prototypes like GonzagoGL or SPUG as a reference for how the creature stage would play out with free-roaming creatures as those were developed for fleshing out and testing ideas for the creature stage during the development of the game.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Sorry for the late reply (and also for replying on another account because my old one is broken), but I think I did it.
!!!NoNests.package
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
To be honest, it was really easy. All I had to do was add "<bool name="HasNest">false</bool>" to a couple of .prop files.
I think I'm going to make this part of Solar Spore, by the way.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

VanillaCold wrote:Sorry for the late reply (and also for replying on another account because my old one is broken), but I think I did it.
!!!NoNests.package
To be honest, it was really easy. All I had to do was add "<bool name="HasNest">false</bool>" to a couple of .prop files.
I think I'm going to make this part of Solar Spore, by the way.
I hate to admit it but your mod is actually way more professional than the version I made a year ago viewtopic.php?t=6314
I just removed a lot of stuff in creature_nest0.prop.xml and the others to make them i guess invisible and not have any hit box while you figured out how to actually tell the game not to use them in the first place :lol: .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”