More music in Ga

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Grubby
Cell
Cell

More music in Ga

Unread post by Grubby »

I am a fan of the mods and the creations I've seen on this site. However I feel like there is one thing that is missing. Music
Now, I know there is a music mod adding over 400 songs, sounds, one-shots,etc and everything, but I feel the need for more.
So I am requesting for a mod that adds music from games like Undertale(Megalovania would be a first priority), Battlefront 1, Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal, StarWars: Empire at War (if possible), and more when I can think of them.

There's a tutorial on how to do it below, it's in Spanish you can translate it if you wish.
http://www.sporepedia2.com/t11936-music ... -aventuras

I would do it myself, but with school, family, homework, and other things, I'm unable to take the time to make custom mods.

If anyone could fulfill this request, I'd be very happy to have it use it.

Thanks

P.S. If you wanted to know why I wanted Undertale music and specifically "Megalovania," I'm planing on making a sans boss battle using modded music, Infinite adventure complexity, modded creatures via Dark Injection and Camben's Color Pack. Here's a Photo of the Gaster Blasters and sans I made
Spore_2017-11-12_14-42-50.png

I'm still here, since the dawn of spore. Does that make me a spore boomer now?
Also Check out the comic I help make! https://awokenreality.tumblr.com/
Tigerthjeu
Cell
Cell

Re: More music in Ga

Unread post by Tigerthjeu »

Uh,,, I am trying,, That tutorial is the opposite of detailed.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:mrgreen:
Grubby
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Grubby »

Here is the whole post translated

How to create a custom music mod for adventures

At the request of Wigazo, I set out to explain in detail how to create a mod that adds custom music to the Spore's adventure editor. I know that not many will take the test, but I'll leave them just in case they dare one day.
This tutorial is designed so that any user can learn to create their own mods.

Requirements:
* Spore and Galactic adventures
* SporeMaster 2.0
* Spore Edit 1.8
* Ealayer3 0.6.3
* A lot of patience and free time.Wink

Index:
I. How to open the Spore_EP1_Data.package completely.
Step 1: Edit the SM formats
Step 2: Unpack the Spore_EP1_Data.package.
Step 3: Delete the corrupt file.
Step 4: Convert PROP files to XML.

II. How to encode the audio files to SNR.
Step 1: Create the BAT files.
Step 2: Convert!

III. Creating a music mod for adventures.
Step 1: Edit the rag_type.txt
Step 2: Create the mod to work.
Step 3: Add the sound file to the mod.
Step 4: Create the properties of the audio.
Step 5: Compile and continue editing the mod.
Step 6: Find out the hash of the name of the audio file.
Step 7: Add the properties for the editor.
Step 8: Pack everything and try.

IV. Extra: Add an icon for the music.

I. How to open the Spore_EP1_Data.package completely.

For those who have tried, when wanting to decompress this crucial file to create mods for it, theyGalactic adventureswill have found an error:

This is caused by a .prop file that is corrupted, damaged, or unknown to the program, which is attempted Automatically convert to .xml.
The package is then decompressed, but half. There is a not very elaborate way to open it completely with the help of another program, Spore Edit.

Step 1: Edit the SM formats First of
all, in the SporeMaster folder we will find a text file called "reg_type.txt". Open it and add the following lines at the end of it:
CODE:
snr 0x01a527db
sns 0x01eef63a
prop 0x02b9f662

WHAT EFFECT DOES THIS CHANGE HAVE ?:

Step 2: Unzip the Spore_EP1_Data.package.
When you open the SM a window with several options will appear. If this is the first time you use this program, by default you will see 2 Spore packages. Delete them by clicking on the "Remove" button and then add with "New" the package that we want to open:

Then click on "Unpack" and wait. The process of unzipping this file can take several minutes, depending on your computers. Have patience.
Once finished, you will notice that the .prop files have not been converted and therefore can not be edited yet to create our mods.

Step 3: Delete the corrupt file.
It is important that before converting the Props to Xml we eliminate this annoying file.
Locate the folder "# 40004000" and delete it without problems. I do not think it's useful anyway.
This will give us a free way to work without mistakes.

Step 4: Convert PROP files to XML.
For this step we will need the help of Spore Edit. Once opened, in the "Properties" tab you will see two buttons, one going from PROP to XML and the other vice versa.

Clicking the first one will ask us to specify the folder where the files to be converted are located.
Select the one with the name "spore.unpacked", which is what the SM is working with.
By clicking OK, you will start converting all the PROPs, including those in the subfolders. It may take several minutes.
Optionally we can delete the PROPs that remained after the conversion (Recommended).

And that's it. Now if you are going to work with the properties of the sounds leave the reg_type.txt codes as they are. If you are going to work with the rest, you should delete the last line. Next we will work with both, so we will be editing this frequently.
It may be necessary to restart the SM so that you notice the changes.

II. How to encode the audio files to SNR.

In my other tutorial ( How to open the Spore audio files ) we explain how to extract the sounds from the game. This time I will teach you to do the inverse process, using version 0.6.3 of the Ealayer3, which does not cause the Spore crashee when trying to reproduce the music.
These are the commands that this program works with: It

may be a bit confusing to use the Ealayer3 from the console. That's why I'm going to show you a simpler way to convert the formats.
To achieve this, we will create BAT files that will help us to quickly move from SNR to MP3 and vice versa.

Step 1: Create the BAT files.
First we create a new text file. We edit it with the notepad adding the following code:
CODE:
"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\ealayer3.exe" %1 -m -v >"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\log.txt"
NOTE: Edit the routes according to where the Ealayer3 is located.
Then we give "save as", and in the name we change the extension to BAT, and to work it must be in quotes:

This BAT will take the files in SNR or SNS and convert them to MP3.

For the reverse process, the commands to create the BATs are:
Converter to SNR:
CODE:
"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\ealayer3.exe" -E %1 --single-block -o %1.snr -v >"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\log.txt"
Converter to SNS:
CODE:
"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\ealayer3.exe" -E %1 -o %1.sns -v >"M:\ealayer3-0.6.3-win32\log.txt"

Step 2: Convert!
Why do we create the previous files? Well, to make it much easier to decode and encode audio files.
To convert an SNR file to MP3, just drag it to the BAT "Converter to MP3", and to convert MP3 to SNR or SNS we drag the audio file to the corresponding BATs.

The SNS format for now we will not use it, but I leave it to you so that it interests you to experiment on your own.Wink

III. Creating a music mod for adventures.

Having completed the two previous instances, we already have everything necessary to create our own mod with personalized music for the adventures.

Step 1: Edit the reg_type.txt
First of all we will need the properties of the audio files, so we must make sure that the corresponding code is written in the text file:
CODE:
prop 0x02b9f662

Step 2: Create the mod to work.
Open the SM and go to the "Mod" tab and click on the "Create" button. We name our mod as we want and keep it.

Then we click on "Pack" to create the mod, because in the next steps the SM can crashear and so the name is saved.

Step 3: Add the sound file to the mod.
It is more comfortable to work outside the SM. In the program folder, one will have been created with the name of our mod, followed by ".unpacked". We must create in it a subfolder with the name of "# 021407EE".
Move our "Test Audio.mp3.snr", renamed to only "Test.snr" to avoid errors, and place it in this folder.

Step 4: Create the properties of the audio.
For this step I am basing myself on an existing one.
We create a text file and with the notebook we add the following:
CODE:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties>
<float name="gain">0.8</float>
<bool name="islooped">true</bool>
<keys name="samples">
<key instanceid="Prueba" />
</keys>
<key name="#5F6317D5" instanceid="#869DB904" />
<uint32 name="#BA03D0CD">5</uint32>
</properties>
*float name = "gain" // Is the volume, which goes from 0.0 to 1.0.
*bool name = "islooped" // Marking it as "true" should cause it to be played continuously, but for some reason it does not work I dont know
*key instanceid = "Test" // In quotes the name of the audio file goes.

It is important that you save the file as "Proof.prop.xml".

Step 5: Compile and continue editing the mod.
For this instance my SM already crashed. I open it again and select "Open", in the "Mod" tab. I open my "CustomMusicMod" and immediately afterwards I give it to "Pack".
This will convert the properties file to the correct format.
Then I close the SM. I edit the reg_type.txt file and delete the last line, "
I open the SM again, I open my mod and I give it to "Unpack".
This will make the file with the properties intact to continue working with the other PROPs.

Step 6: Find out the hash of the name of the audio file.
The Spore works with codes, or hashes, that represent the real names of the files.
We need to know the code to be able to work with them.
Go to the "Files" tab of the SM, and select the SNR file or its properties.

And then in the "Names" tab they will see the name Hash, shaded in green.
In this case, the "Test" hash is "CC35F17E". Point that code.

That hash appears in hexadecimal, but they also need it in decimal.
An easy way to move from HEX to DEC is with the windows scientific calculator. In HEX mode I paste the code in the viewer, and then I press the DEC mode and it returns the hash in decimal, which in this case is "3426087294":

We need both codes, so write them down somewhere.

Step 7: Add the properties for the editor.
First create a subfolder in the mod's folder, and name it "Adventure_props_palette_viewer ~".
In it they create a text file with the following:
CODE:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties>
<key name="parent" id="0x00B2CCCB" groupid="0xD87454E6" instanceid="0x2DF0C3D9" typeid="0x00B1B104" />
<key name="modelMeshLOD0" id="0x00F9EFBB" groupid="0xAB977819" instanceid="0x937B42A1" typeid="0x2F4E681B" />
<key id="0x07106C14" groupid="0x9430ADD7" instanceid="0xE5855B05" typeid="0x074E0069" />
<texts id="0x071E9BD1">
<text>Audio de prueba</text>
</texts>
<bool id="0x071EFA6C">true</bool>
<uint32 id="0xB6878619">3426087294</uint32>
</properties>
*Among the "text" code is the name of how you want it to look in the adventure editor.
*In the "uint32 id" goes the hash in decimal.

Then they save it with the name "# [HASH IN HEX] .prop.xml".
In the example, "# CC35F17E.prop.xml"

Step 8: Pack everything and try.
For this instance the SM was closed again. What do we have to do to open our "CustomMusicMod.package" with the SM and click on "Pack", and that's it.
Make sure the mod is in the data folder Galactic adventures before running the game.
If they followed the steps well they will be able to enjoy their personalized music in the adventures.

IV. Extra: Add an icon for the music.

The following is optional. It is to add a personalized icon to the music we add. Otherwise they would be blank to select them and invisible in the editor.
An aesthetic idea inspired by EMD. It's easy: You

should create a subfolder called "ci_thumbs ~", inside the folder of our mod, and in it add a PNG image of 128x128 pixels. The name with the Hash in hexadecimal corresponding to the name of the audio file:

They give "Pack" with the SM and ready. Now they have a nice icon for personalized music:

Well, now that you know the secret to add music to the editor of Galactic adventures the challenge to try and create great adventures.Very Happy
Grubby
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Grubby »

I understand the process of it, it's just that I don't have the time for it. I'm never on the computer long enough to actually make it work. If it was as easy importing a simple MP3 file, i would be able to do it. Luckily, I don't use the steam version of spore (thank god) so adding mods is a breeze. Making mods is a long process though, and .ogg files, unpacking , encoding, hashing, slashing, etc. I just don't have time to learn all that, especially with all the priorities I have.

I know Mx3brainpower to fulfill requests on the Spanish site, but he closed the request topic on Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:24. I'll see if he'd be willing to help out four years later but I highly doubt he would. Or maybe he will, who knows. Life's full of surprises...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”