Any working Cargo Expander mods?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
vanasten1
Cell
Cell

Any working Cargo Expander mods?

Unread post by vanasten1 »

After the latest spore patch I have been unable to find a mod which increases spaceship cargo size in space stage. (I'm using Simply Spice mod, and its impossible to keep all the spices it adds, plus 21 plants/animals for colonization).

Mods I've tested:
PlatinumSpore 2.0.1 - http://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/dis ... 396632626/
50 and 500 Cargo Expander - http://www.davoonline.com/download/ (Ctrl+F and search "Cargo")
UberCargo Mod - viewtopic.php?f=123&t=341

I'm wondering if:
a.) The recent patch did something with effectively broke how these mods change cargo size, so that they no longer work
b.) If other people have the same issues, or if its just me
and
c.) If it isn't just me, if someone could possibly fix them.

-Van

ajsmith21
Cell
Cell

Re: Any working Cargo Expander mods?

Unread post by ajsmith21 »

Did you get any to work?
I tried the first two with no luck (probably because I had an already existing game that I tested it on).
The uber one said it worked with games saves, and he was right, but it only added five for cargo stage 4, I was hoping for a few more, going to do some editing to see if I can fix this. I backup all my saves so I can restore before I upgraded. The cargo stage 5 has a ridiculous requirement, of which I am going to fix this also. I will post back if I get this fixed with a edited mod.

Not sure why you couldn't get the uber to work... [strike]Do you have other mods installed? Do they work?[/strike] (Ignore this question, I missed the part where you say you are using the simply spice mod, and obviously it works, lol)
Last edited by ajsmith21 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajsmith21
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ajsmith21 »

Well, I was able to lower the requirements to only require the badges of Merchant Level 4 OR Collector Level 4 Badges for Cargo 4 and Merchant Level 5 OR Collector Level 5 Badges for Cargo 5,

You don't need both Collector and Merchant Bages, just one or the other, I think it would take someone way too much time to get the Collector Badges up to those levels, so that is why you only need the Merchant Badges.

But they still only add 5 slot each upgrade. I have yet to figure out the xml value that is needed to change this.

Let me know if this will work for you I can upload the changed mod for you. Or if you don't want such high requirements, I can change it to something easy if you want for them.

Also, I think until I can figure out how to get more than 5 slots per upgrade I will have to create more upgrade options, shouldn't be to time consuming to make something like up to 20 available cargo upgrades?

At 5 slots each that would be a total of 85 additional slots on top of the base game. I think that should be enough. I will get working on that tomorrow.

But let me know if you want it the way I have it or lower the requirements?
Zerodzed
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Zerodzed »

Do you still need help with this? I am willing to try making my own
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

This would be awesome!
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
NovaStarland
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by NovaStarland »

If anybody is willing to make a mod like this that would be amazing. Prolly like 100 slots would be plenty but any amount more than vanilla is good
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”