Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Rhagestoma
Cell
Cell

Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Unread post by Rhagestoma »

This is something of a Mod Request, but something of a Mod Modification Request. Camben's Color Pack is amazing, for sure, but I'd like it to have bioluminescence involved. Bioluminescence would have two types: point (which produces a constant bioluminescent spot) & pulsing (which would pulse in a similar fashion to the Camping Torch or Plasma Lathe), of course in the various colors that we have in the mod.
Could it be done?

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I'm up for this idea.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

*cries* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?! STUPID LIMITATIONS OF SPOREMASTER, WHYYY MUST YOU CRUSH THE VERY BEST OF IDEAS LIKE THIS ONE!?!?!?!?!

...anyways, that would require Emmisive textures, which Spore does not support, BUT if Darkspore's skin glows are sufficient, just know that they are being investigated. FOR ONCE, THERE'S GOOD NEWS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...sorry.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Actually, if this is eventually made into a mod, I have only one extra need for it.
Darker nights. They would CERTAINLY give bio-lit creatures some significance. And wait... why can't we just put some vehicle light parts in the creature editor? Or is it more complicated than that?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:Actually, if this is eventually made into a mod, I have only one extra need for it.
Darker nights. They would CERTAINLY give bio-lit creatures some significance. And wait... why can't we just put some vehicle light parts in the creature editor? Or is it more complicated than that?
If you're talking about the effects attached to those vehicle parts, Dark Injection did that. Problem is, those effects don't illuminate the terrain or anything around them, not even other parts of the creature, so parts with those efects would make creatures with them easy to see at night and nothing else. Also, I agree that night is too bright in Adventures.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Darker nights can be made, but those effects doesn't light you, so you won't see anything xD (see that my captain has some parts with lighting effects and you can't see anything though)
http://i.imgur.com/uWHzuN5.jpg
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Darker nights can be made, but those effects doesn't light you, so you won't see anything xD (see that my captain has some parts with lighting effects and you can't see anything though)
http://i.imgur.com/uWHzuN5.jpg
If there is a way to add illumination to parts or creatures, that level of Darkness would be PERFECT for a creepy adventure. Wait...I remember seeing an image somewhere depicting adventure props that illuminated the terrain around them...

...I think it was on Sporepedia2...

marrow30
Cell
Cell

Unread post by marrow30 »

Going back to the funding of Darkspore remnants! with Darkspore code, this would be easy to make!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”