Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Unread post by Shattered »

I am very confused with the structure of Skinpaints in a spore package.

I managed to find a folder controlling the effects of the skinpaints. It's the "gameEffects_pfx~" Folder. I also found the skinpaint Icons folder.
The major thing that I need to find is the folder that actually contains the skinpaint textures. The folder that contains the actual images that will go on to the skin of the creature... I don't know where to find that one..

So I am just really confused here, and I really would love to add skinpaints to StrangeAndBeautiful. (especially a Ball Python skinpaint set)

A tutorial is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Unread post by rob55rod »

"gameEffects_pfx~" has nothing do with it. You should be looking in "gameEffects_1~" through "gameEffects_3~" for Core Spore skinpaint effects, and your new effects should be stored in "ep1_effects_1~" through "ep1_effects_3~". The textures don't have to be in any particular folder, you can store them anywhere you want.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Shattered »

thanks you two.

I'm looking forward to making some extra shiny skinpains (literally)
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GladDragon wrote:I'm looking forward to making some extra shiny skinpains (literally)
Wonderful...shiny skin pains...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Diegox64
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Diegox64 »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.
I was testing those examples, it works fine but when you change the graphics to low do not work
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Diegox64 wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.
I was testing those examples, it works fine but when you change the graphics to low do not work
You must have forgotten to add the PFX file to the "ep1_effects_1~" folder.

Diegox64
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Diegox64 »

rob55rod wrote:
Diegox64 wrote:
You must have forgotten to add the PFX file to the "ep1_effects_1~" folder.
thanks m8 :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”