Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Rockstar_Dragon
Zodiac: Capricorn

Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Unread post #1 by Rockstar_Dragon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I am very confused with the structure of Skinpaints in a spore package.

I managed to find a folder controlling the effects of the skinpaints. It's the "gameEffects_pfx~" Folder. I also found the skinpaint Icons folder.
The major thing that I need to find is the folder that actually contains the skinpaint textures. The folder that contains the actual images that will go on to the skin of the creature... I don't know where to find that one..

So I am just really confused here, and I really would love to add skinpaints to StrangeAndBeautiful. (especially a Ball Python skinpaint set)

A tutorial is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks.

o===[;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

This is the sword I will use to slice my enemies.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Re: Requesting a SporeModder Skinpaint Tutorial

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:53 pm

"gameEffects_pfx~" has nothing do with it. You should be looking in "gameEffects_1~" through "gameEffects_3~" for Core Spore skinpaint effects, and your new effects should be stored in "ep1_effects_1~" through "ep1_effects_3~". The textures don't have to be in any particular folder, you can store them anywhere you want.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread post #3 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:48 am

For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Rockstar_Dragon
Zodiac: Capricorn

Unread post #4 by Rockstar_Dragon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:05 pm

thanks you two.

I'm looking forward to making some extra shiny skinpains (literally)
o===[;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

This is the sword I will use to slice my enemies.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:11 pm

GladDragon wrote:I'm looking forward to making some extra shiny skinpains (literally)

Wonderful...shiny skin pains...

Recruit

Recruit

Diegox64
Zodiac: Aries

Unread post #6 by Diegox64 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.

I was testing those examples, it works fine but when you change the graphics to low do not work

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Diegox64 wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For skinpaints in specific the textures must be in the 'part_skin_textures~' folder. In the SporeModder thread there's a link to some example projects, one of them adds new skinpaints; you might want to take a look at that to see how it works.

I was testing those examples, it works fine but when you change the graphics to low do not work

You must have forgotten to add the PFX file to the "ep1_effects_1~" folder.

Recruit

Recruit

Diegox64
Zodiac: Aries

Unread post #8 by Diegox64 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:15 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Diegox64 wrote:

You must have forgotten to add the PFX file to the "ep1_effects_1~" folder.

thanks m8 :lol:

Return to “Mod Request”