Custom galaxy idea

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
potatodude29
Hatchling
Hatchling

Custom galaxy idea

Unread post by potatodude29 »

Hey. I've had an idea for a mod, but my coding skill are a little...weak.

My idea is that in the galaxy menu of spore, one can click on an area were no click-able planet exists and be able to create a "new game" planet.

This idea can allow one with skill looking for a challenge make a planet on the outer rim of the galaxy, and try to reach the grox. Or, Perhaps one could make their planet near the grox. Another possibility is that one could make their own games near each other so the have all their games interacting with each other, perhaps make a controllable war or an unstoppable alliance.

It would be nice for this to not only be compatible with normal spore ( :spore: ) but also galactic adventures ( :ga: )

This could be a tad complicated, but it could also add whole new possibility to the game. Please send me a notification if you are interested or have made one. Thanks :D
Lucyy
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Custom galaxy idea

Unread post by Lucyy »

Im not sure if that's possible the planets that you have on your galaxy are different then ones in space stage. And coding a planet on the outer ridge will probably need the original code from ea which we don't have yet.
Stil a good idea though
I love to make aquatic spore creatures!

Don't let aquatic stage die out
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Custom galaxy idea

Unread post by rob55rod »

The Mod Request subforum's description wrote:We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Please read next time.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Return to “Mod Ideas”