Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Datixum

Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Unread post #1 by Datixum » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm

Idea: Two Creatures, one for male, one for female. --- OR --- Other Colors, example: blue for male, red for female...

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:23 pm

rob55rod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #3 by Davo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 pm

However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

Spore has that flash game on site that uses these in a compare game.

Which creature is meaner or was it cute and creepy? I forget but are you with me? This will have no effect in stages but for stat sake it's an idea
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

The Boss

Unread post #4 by Davo » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:36 pm

Davo wrote:However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

Which creature is meaner or was it cute and creepy? I forget but are you with me? This will have no effect in stages but for stat sake it's an idea

How exactly would that facilitate sexual dimorphism? (I actually am curious - honestly I'd love to be wrong in saying something is impossible for once)

First Class

First Class

Arko22

Unread post #6 by Arko22 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:52 am

No
Modding for Spore,
Spore for life.

First Class

First Class

MarioBabyLuigi

Unread post #7 by MarioBabyLuigi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Would be nice if there was some method of adding additional voice effects so at least our female characters in Space Stage don't sound like friendly guys. Sure, I can always use darkinjection and then use beaks and then save the creatures as tribal creatures to give him the female-ish noise, but overall, voice options for our characters are pretty limited.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Peridot
Zodiac: Capricorn

Unread post #8 by Peridot » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Davo wrote:However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

That does seem plausible. but the question is how to get both genders of the same species to share a single nest... which seems 99% impossible.
o===[;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

This is the sword I will use to slice my enemies.

Mix Hear

Unread post #9 by Mix Hear » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 am

You could just add a separate editor on top of the original one that makes it so you can make them two completely different creature looks, furthering your spore creativity. You could have 4 genders. Default - Spore | Female | Male | Self Replicating. (where you turn into the egg) This could also be added to cell stage as well as the others. I could go into a mod that could stack with this to make Facehuggers for aliens, a parasite mod, but it would be more of a side project and not the mane mod concern. Also if it is possible to edit the creature look when they die, then one could just put in a blood splattering effect ontop of or replacing the model when they die. A blood mod of sorts. These are a few ideas, I hope they inspire, help with or become mods in the future.

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Zodiac: Virgo

Unread post #10 by windblade » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 pm

hope this gets somewhere, it woulc be usefull to have genders because is kinda weird when an species is made entirely of sexy female looking creatures XD(or te other way around)

Return to “Mod Request”