Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Datixum
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Unread post by Datixum »

Idea: Two Creatures, one for male, one for female. --- OR --- Other Colors, example: blue for male, red for female...

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore Gender Mod [Mod Request]

Unread post by rob55rod »

rob55rod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSl_aDe4XvQ[/youtube]
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

Spore has that flash game on site that uses these in a compare game.

Which creature is meaner or was it cute and creepy? I forget but are you with me? This will have no effect in stages but for stat sake it's an idea
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Davo wrote:However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

Which creature is meaner or was it cute and creepy? I forget but are you with me? This will have no effect in stages but for stat sake it's an idea
How exactly would that facilitate sexual dimorphism? (I actually am curious - honestly I'd love to be wrong in saying something is impossible for once)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Arko22
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Arko22 »

No
Modding for Spore,
Spore for life.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Would be nice if there was some method of adding additional voice effects so at least our female characters in Space Stage don't sound like friendly guys. Sure, I can always use darkinjection and then use beaks and then save the creatures as tribal creatures to give him the female-ish noise, but overall, voice options for our characters are pretty limited.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Shattered »

Davo wrote:However, in terms of making it a possibility, what if it were a part, like how I added the "mean" part in DI.

That does seem plausible. but the question is how to get both genders of the same species to share a single nest... which seems 99% impossible.
Thanks for killing me
Mix Hear
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mix Hear »

You could just add a separate editor on top of the original one that makes it so you can make them two completely different creature looks, furthering your spore creativity. You could have 4 genders. Default - Spore | Female | Male | Self Replicating. (where you turn into the egg) This could also be added to cell stage as well as the others. I could go into a mod that could stack with this to make Facehuggers for aliens, a parasite mod, but it would be more of a side project and not the mane mod concern. Also if it is possible to edit the creature look when they die, then one could just put in a blood splattering effect ontop of or replacing the model when they die. A blood mod of sorts. These are a few ideas, I hope they inspire, help with or become mods in the future.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

hope this gets somewhere, it woulc be usefull to have genders because is kinda weird when an species is made entirely of sexy female looking creatures XD(or te other way around)
Godzilla-Force
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Godzilla-Force »

I agree, I hate having Female Races and having them have Masculane Voices, Perhaps like Davo Suggested, someone could make a part Like the Mean and Cute Part, but would overide voices in Tribe/Civ/Space/Adventures.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”